Hi from Newbie

This forum is intended for international users to help them with the treatment of cardiomyopathy or heart failure.
Plaats reactie
Beebs
Bekende op het forum
Contacteer:

Hi from Newbie

Bericht door Beebs » di mar 08, 2011 1:34 pm

Brief HealthBio:

1998: Diagnosed with left ventricular dysfunction,
systolic and diastolic HF. There was MVP,
and hypkinesis of the left atrium, but no longer.
Brief episode of congestive hf, and kidneys were
failing. Kidneys are no longer failing but not optimal
Hypothyroidism and severe allergies and inability to
metabolize most compounds in foods, meds,
vits and supps, + also allergies. Autonomic dysfunction
and other various cascading symptoms from prescribed
med toxicity. Vascular and varicose veins.

Sometimes
all the veins in the body hurts like hell, even the veins in
the organs, (not superficial veins). Vascular doc says he does not
know and that this is rare. I suspect, inflammation and oxidization
of endothelial cells and high level of ROS (free radicals).

I had four heart attacks, the first two were in 1998 & 2002, and
two last year upon moving home. I took no meds, and not taking
any.

At present, the HF is stable, not deteriorating.

I am not taking any meds, but looking at trying various
options for the hypothryroidism. Inability to metabolize
most meds including thyroxine and Armour.

I did a genomic test and this shows indeed dysfunction
of the most important CYPs enzymes to metabolize most
drugs. In any case, the reason I have HF in the first place,
was precisely because I took two prescribed meds.

I have mitochondrial dysfunction, and possibly difficulties in the
metabolizing pathways for L Carnitine and fatty acids pathways.

I am taking Magnesium Orotate on/off and
doing medical gi gong, which has helped enormously.
I was also taking L-Carnitine on/off but some allergic
reaction on/off.

I would be grateful for any input and understand that it
is about trial and error.

I will not take any meds under any circumstances, and will
only take vits and supps, and Ayurvedic compounds, if I can
tolerate.

Thank you.
Kind regards

Beebs

Willy
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Willy » di mar 08, 2011 1:41 pm

I deleted your other post and made your signature shorter
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Willy Witsel

Ben je blij met ons gratis advies doe dan
een tweet of een like bovenin deze forumpagina

Beebs
Bekende op het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Beebs » di mar 08, 2011 3:39 pm

Willy schreef:I deleted your other post and made your signature shorter
K, thanks helping to navigate.
Kind regards

Beebs

Corrij (therapeut)
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Corrij (therapeut) » di mar 08, 2011 4:57 pm

Hello beebs,

You could be having lots of silent damage being done to the veins and arteries in your body. If damage is being done to veins in one area, vascular problems could be widespread. It may not show up on blood tests.....CRP and inflammation markers.
Many blood tests do not uncover anything until extreme damage has already been done.

Do you have blood results of,
Cholesterol
triglyceriden
CRP
homocysteine

As for cholesterol, it usually takes damage done for quite some time for cholesterol levels to be higher than normal...so just because blood tests may say in the normal range, does not mean everything is always fine.

The reason the cholesterol goes high is because of vein damage. Cholesterol helps repair the damage and holes in the veins/arteries. You would not be alive if your body can not reapair/patch the damage. So if you are lowering your cholesterol with statins, you must replace all of the extra cholesterol with vitamin C to continue the repair of the damage going on.

SO again ....if cholesterol is high, that means there is likely quite a deal of vein damage going on. Veins and arteries are throughout your body so damage is likely widespread. Many people get on cholesterol lowering drugs which do nothing but lower cholseterol levels, which is why the heart attack rate is virtually the same...... Cholesterol shouldn't be high and needs to be lowered (but lowered by fixing the problem).....not masking the problem....

Please be aware that 60% of the vitamin C that a normal healthy person takes goes to repairing the veins/arteries. People with vaccular damage (the ones having vein pain) need enormous amounts to repair all the extra damage. Powder vitamin C can easily be taken and mixed into your drinks.

As for the damage being done to the arteries, it could be many conditions

Heavy Metal Toxicity
Gluten Intolerance
Small fiber Neuropathy
Allergic to everything
Chronic fatigue
Spinal Misalignment

What was the reason of your heartattacks? Angina pectoris?

What is your ejection fraction?

the reason I have HF in the first place,

Wich drugs do you mean?

greetings,
Corrij
Those who do not have enough time for good health,
will not have good health for enough time.

Beebs
Bekende op het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Beebs » zo mar 13, 2011 12:51 am

Corrij (therapeut) schreef:Hello beebs,

You could be having lots of silent damage being done to the veins and arteries in your body. If damage is being done to veins in one area, vascular problems could be widespread. It may not show up on blood tests.....CRP and inflammation markers.
Many blood tests do not uncover anything until extreme damage has already been done.

Cholesterol
triglyceriden
CRP
homocysteine

As for cholesterol, it usually takes damage done for quite some time for cholesterol levels to be higher than normal...so just because blood tests may say in the normal range, does not mean everything is always fine.

The reason the cholesterol goes high is because of vein damage. Cholesterol helps repair the damage and holes in the veins/arteries. You would not be alive if your body can not reapair/patch the damage. So if you are lowering your cholesterol with statins, you must replace all of the extra cholesterol with vitamin C to continue the repair of the damage going on.

SO again ....if cholesterol is high, that means there is likely quite a deal of vein damage going on. Veins and arteries are throughout your body so damage is likely widespread. Many people get on cholesterol lowering drugs which do nothing but lower cholseterol levels, which is why the heart attack rate is virtually the same...... Cholesterol shouldn't be high and needs to be lowered (but lowered by fixing the problem).....not masking the problem....

Please be aware that 60% of the vitamin C that a normal healthy person takes goes to repairing the veins/arteries. People with vaccular damage (the ones having vein pain) need enormous amounts to repair all the extra damage. Powder vitamin C can easily be taken and mixed into your drinks.

Heavy Metal Toxicity
Gluten Intolerance
Small fiber Neuropathy
Allergic to everything
Chronic fatigue
Spinal Misalignment

What was the reason of your heart attacks? Angina pectoris?

Which drugs do you mean?

greetings,
Corrij
Hi Corrij

Thank you for your input. I hope the information below is helpful towards you perhaps giving me some tips. I am very grateful for whatever you share, and constructive criticism is welcome too.

I will try and answer your questions now that I have some test results.
As for the heart attack, many I know got heart attacks from adverse reactions to FQ antibiotics and lariam. We simply don;t know why I had those two heart attacks having no previous cardiac history and being very fit and healthy. http://adr-centralreactiontomedications.blogspot.com/ my blog, it gives a short health bio on the right under my pix. My blog is very anti med supported by medical evidence from scientific medical journals.

I am sorry to say, that I also subscribe to heart scientific journals, and from what I can see, there are always new meds coming on the market with findings that other meds did not help and in many cases increased mortality. Same for angioplasty, from what I read, mortality rate is not higher if not having them.

I have had no angiogram, and will not do so. Its highly dangerous and the radioactive used for this procedure causes cancer. In the USA, now, cardiologists are advised to do this procedure if only its life saving or there is strong suspicion of blockage.

I don't expect most to agree with me. I am simply so toxic, that I can't even tolerate local anesthetic for dental works.

Previouisly healthy.

End 1996 took an FQ antibiotic - adverse reaction causing damage to heart, autonomic system, peripheral nervous system, neuropathy etc...

A few months later took Lariam/Mefloquine (see pdf doc by Roche which shows how toxic this drug is, no longer used in the US Army):

damage to the heart electrical conductivity, autonomic system, peripheral nervous system, insomnia lasting almost a year (took no meds for this or anything else), neurological damage, damage to the brain stem, digestive system, liver, kidneys, severe allergies and MCS and much more.

1998 - Heart attack

Left ventricular Dysfunction but we don't know if caused by the heart attack or not

2001 (or 2002) another heart attack

No angio-grams

Thallium Test - showed LVF reacted to thallium causing more damage

2005 (approx) - contrast dye for an angioscan - galdolinium caused failing kidneys (now not optimal but no longer failing), angina all the time, and other symptoms.

Three areas of calcification on the circumflex of the heart.

Since, echo show consistently LVF, systolic and diastolic dysfunction.

Latest results show:

BNP - 12 ref range <4
ALT 30 ref range <40 (this has gone down considerably)

Urea 8.5 ref range 2.5-6.5 (I eat lamb daily or I get arrythmia
and breathless and weak
no "experts' in most fields understand why

BNP 12 ref range <4

TSH - 4.04 ref range 0.32-5.00
Free T4 8.7 ref range 7.5-21.0
(am hypo, hve all symptoms quite severe)
Gp will not do T3
Antibodies were normal a few years ago

Haemoglobin 15.7 ref range 11.5-15.1

Mid Jan 11

Serum cholesterol 5.6 ref range 3.3-5.2
Serum tryglycerides 1.05 ref range 0.80-2.00
Serum HDL cholesterol 1.52 ref range 0.90-2.20

Non HDL cholesterol 4.1 ref range
Calculated LDL cholesterol level

- LDLchol < 3 mmol/L acceptable except in IHD
- LDL cholesterol ideally < 2.0
Totall 3.7 ratio (0.0-5.0)

Serum folate 2.2 (5.0-10)

Plasma homocyestine 18.2 (5.0-15.00)

CRP 12.5 on 24 June 2010 (in hospital heart attack, took no meds)
Troponin 32 ref range <0.32
Kind regards

Beebs

Beebs
Bekende op het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Beebs » ma mar 14, 2011 1:38 pm

Beebs schreef:

Cholesterol
triglyceriden
CRP
homocysteine

Heavy Metal Toxicity
Gluten Intolerance
Small fiber Neuropathy
Allergic to everything
Chronic fatigue
Spinal Misalignment

What was the reason of your heart attacks? Angina pectoris?

Which drugs do you mean?

greetings,
Corrij
Hi Corrij

Thank you for your input. I hope the information below is helpful towards you perhaps giving me some tips. I am very grateful for whatever you share, and constructive criticism is welcome too.

I will try and answer your questions now that I have some test results.
As for the heart attack, many I know got heart attacks from adverse reactions to FQ antibiotics and lariam. We simply don;t know why I had those two heart attacks having no previous cardiac history and being very fit and healthy. http://adr-centralreactiontomedications.blogspot.com/ my blog, it gives a short health bio on the right under my pix. My blog is very anti med supported by medical evidence from scientific medical journals.

I am sorry to say, that I also subscribe to heart scientific journals, and from what I can see, there are always new meds coming on the market with findings that other meds did not help and in many cases increased mortality. Same for angioplasty, from what I read, mortality rate is not higher if not having them.

I have had no angiogram, and will not do so. Its highly dangerous and the radioactive used for this procedure causes cancer. In the USA, now, cardiologists are advised to do this procedure if only its life saving or there is strong suspicion of blockage.

I don't expect most to agree with me. I am simply so toxic, that I can't even tolerate local anesthetic for dental works.

Previouisly healthy.

End 1996 took an FQ antibiotic - adverse reaction causing damage to heart, autonomic system, peripheral nervous system, neuropathy etc...

A few months later took Lariam/Mefloquine (see pdf doc by Roche which shows how toxic this drug is, no longer used in the US Army):

damage to the heart electrical conductivity, autonomic system, peripheral nervous system, insomnia lasting almost a year (took no meds for this or anything else), neurological damage, damage to the brain stem, digestive system, liver, kidneys, severe allergies and MCS and much more.

1998 - Heart attack

Left ventricular Dysfunction but we don't know if caused by the heart attack or not

2001 (or 2002) another heart attack

No angio-grams

Thallium Test - showed LVF reacted to thallium causing more damage

2005 (approx) - contrast dye for an angioscan - galdolinium caused failing kidneys (now not optimal but no longer failing), angina all the time, and other symptoms.

Three areas of calcification on the circumflex of the heart.

Since, echo show consistently LVF, systolic and diastolic dysfunction.

Latest results show:

BNP - 12 ref range <4
ALT 30 ref range <40 (this has gone down considerably)

Urea 8.5 ref range 2.5-6.5 (I eat lamb daily or I get arrythmia
and breathless and weak
no "experts' in most fields understand why

BNP 12 ref range <4

TSH - 4.04 ref range 0.32-5.00
Free T4 8.7 ref range 7.5-21.0
(am hypo, hve all symptoms quite severe)
Gp will not do T3
Antibodies were normal a few years ago

Haemoglobin 15.7 ref range 11.5-15.1

Mid Jan 11

Serum cholesterol 5.6 ref range 3.3-5.2
Serum tryglycerides 1.05 ref range 0.80-2.00
Serum HDL cholesterol 1.52 ref range 0.90-2.20

Non HDL cholesterol 4.1 ref range
Calculated LDL cholesterol level

- LDLchol < 3 mmol/L acceptable except in IHD
- LDL cholesterol ideally < 2.0
Totall 3.7 ratio (0.0-5.0)

Serum folate 2.2 (5.0-10)

Plasma homocyestine 18.2 (5.0-15.00)

CRP 12.5 on 24 June 2010 (in hospital heart attack, took no meds)
Troponin 32 ref range <0.32
Hi Corrij

I forgot to add that I have mitochondria dysfuntion, (caused by meds), and blood sugar spikes, very very severe at times, but not diabetic.

I look forward to your suggestion at to which vits and supps to start on, and will try my best to follow. The allergies and MCS are a little of an obstacle, but will try,

Its likely I have something wrong with oxygen, too. There is very high free radicals in the body, I can actually feel it, specially before the heart attacks, like a few days before even.

I was told I have ME/CFS too.. The neurologist wanted to do a spinal tap and muscle biopsy, which I refused. I can't tolerate anesthetic etc.. and even small trauma to the body makes me violently, acutely ill.

I also have tachycardia, SVTs, Atrial flutter (but doc not sure, typical in the UK, they are trying to cut costs, lol), or they say atrial febrillations.

Will have 24 hour hold monitor on 25 March.

Something really strange which to date, nobody knows what that is.

When I wake up every morning, my heart has strange arrythmia, until I eat protein. I can only tolerate Edam Cheese and lamb. I took the blood sugar level in the mornings, and so did the doc - normal.

If I don't eat large amount of lamb everyday, my heart goes arrythmic. Hopefully, it will be picked up on the next holter monitor.

There has to be something in the lamb which my body needs but then it would be in cheese too, (L-Carnitine didn't help that much with this symptoms), or there problems with all amino acids or something else, definitely not psychologcial here. Could be some metabolism dysfunction.

May I ask this question on the board about eating so much meat, in this case Lamb, seems to help?

And stranger still, I went to see TCM doctors. They all said weird, because my tongue does not show I eat meat at all. True to say, I have to eat that much lamb, chicken does not help, nor does beef, I can't eat fish, or eggs or much else.

Looking forward to hearing from you, and many many thanks for the help you are giving us all on the board. :D
Kind regards

Beebs

Corrij (therapeut)
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Corrij (therapeut) » ma mar 14, 2011 5:08 pm

Hello beebs,

Lamb meat is one of the better meats for our health. Lamb is a very young sheep or in other words less than one years old. Did you know that the fat from the sheep is very healthy and beneficial for our health too? Well, now you do :) The Nutrients in Roasted Lamb are:
- Vitamin B1, Thiamin
- Vitamin B2, Riboflavin
- Vitamin B3, Niacin (good amount)
- Vitamin B5, Pantothenic Acid
- Vitamin B6, Pyridoxine
- Vitamin B12, Cobalamin (good amount)
- Vitamin D
- Folate
- Tryptophan (large amount)
- Protein (large amount)
- Selenium (good amount)
- Zinc (good amount)
- Phosphorus
- Natural Fats
- Cholesterol (good amount)
- Calcium
- Copper
- Iron
- Magnesium
- Manganese
- Molybdenum
- Potassium
- Sodium
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids
- Amino Acids (large amounts)

The Benefits that you can get from the Lamb meat are:
- Supports Immune Function
- Supports Wound Healing
- Regulates Blood Sugar Levels
- Supports Metabolism
- Supports smell sense
- Supports taste sense
- Protects from Prostate Cancer
- Supports Cardiovascular Health
- Provides Natural Energy
- Supports Healthy Developing of Nerve Cells
- Protects from anemia
- Protects from Alzheimers Disease
- Protects from Cognitive Decline

In 1969 Novelli et al. first reported taurine as having anti-arrhythmic effects. Since then there have been several dozen similar reports of benefit to cardiac rhythm. Effects of taurine useful in managing arrhythmias include regulating potassium, calcium and sodium levels in the blood and tissues, and regulation of the excitability of the myocardium possibly by modifying membrane permeability to potassium. Arrhythmias may also respond to taurine because it dampens activity of the sympathetic nervous system and dampens epinephrine release, relaxing the individual. In 2004, Hanna et al. demonstrated the protective effect of taurine against free radicals damage in the myocardium.

Regardless of these benefits, the effects that were observed in treating PACs, PVCs, pauses and occasional tachycardia showed taurine to be helpful but inadequate to prevent all PACs and to completely restore normal sinus rhythm.

So it could be the large amounts of amino acids in the lamb meat
and the other ingredients helping you with the arrythmia`s.

C-Reactive Protein
C-reactive protein, or CRP, is a potent biological marker of inflammation produced in the liver and transported in the blood to the site of inflammation. During physiologic distress such as inflammation or infection, blood levels of CRP in can increase one thousand-fold. Unlike cardiac-specific biomarkers, elevation in CRP identifies inflammation in the body but does not pinpoint the exact location of the

inflammation. For this reason, elevated levels of CRP cannot conclusively indicate the presence of cardiovascular disease, but a strong correlation does exist.

-Reactive Protein and Heart Failure
Elevated levels of CRP have been linked to an increased risk of death in patients with heart failure. A 2009 study in the journal "Circulation: Heart Failure" indicated that CRP is a useful prognostic tool to determine the risk of recurrent cardiac events and death from heart failure. Moreover, when CRP was examined in conjunction with cardiac-specific biomarkers, the ability to accurately evaluate a patient's risk of death increased further

C-Reactive Protein as a Risk Factor
While the link between CRP and heart attack is well established in individuals with known heart disease, the connection between CRP and the potential for developing cardiovascular disease in apparently healthy individuals is not as clearly defined. A 2010 review of cardiac biomarkers in the journal "Coronary Artery Disease" included CRP as a compelling predictor of new cardiac events independent of other signs and symptoms of cardiovascular disease. However, more research needs to be conducted to determine if this biomarker is significant for both genders and across all age groups.

Elevated plasma homocysteine levels are associated with increased risk of vascular disease. It is unclear whether elevated homocysteine levels are a risk factor for congestive heart failure (CHF).

Homocysteine, a type of amino acid present in the human body, is produced during the metabolism of methionine. Several epidemiological studies demonstrated that elevated homocysteine levels have been related to increased risk of the development of cardiovascular diseases such as coronary artery diseases, heart failure, and ischaemic stroke. With regard to AF, plasma homocysteine levels are upregulated in patients with chronic AF. A relationship between hyperhomocysteinemia and the occurrence of cerebro-vascular ischaemic events has been suggested by previous reports.Here we investigated the association between plasma homocysteine levels and the pathogenesis of cardiovascular event after RFCA in patients with AF.

Hyperhomocysteinemia has been shown to be associated with an increased risk of mortality and morbidity in patients with chronic heart failure, hypertension, and coronary artery diseases,conditions which could be linked to the development and prevalence of AF. In agreement with these observations, homocysteine levels were markedly increased in the patients with persistent AF as compared with levels in patients with paroxysmal AF and the control patients. These results are consistent with a recent study by Marcucci et al.showing that a significant association between elevated homocysteine levels and the presence of AF. Homocysteine levels also positively correlated with CITP levels and LAD, which are believed to contribute to atrial remodelling. Measurement of plasma homocysteine level could provide useful information in the assessment of AF.

greetings,
Corrij

Corrij (therapeut)
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Corrij (therapeut) » ma mar 14, 2011 5:14 pm

hello beebs,

When I wake up every morning, my heart has strange arrythmia,

BLOOD PRESSURE AND HEART RATE CYCLES

Through clinical trials and studies, it has become known that the
levels of disease activity have a pattern linked to the body's
internal clock, set to circadian (day-night or awake-sleep cycles),
monthly, or seasonal rhythms.
These rhythms are important to cardiology because they
affect high blood pressure, heart attack, and stroke. it has been
shown that many heart "events" strike in the early morning hours
and may be linked with awakening.
In most people with high blood pressure, there is definite
rise in blood pressure upon awakening that is called the morning
or "A.M." surge. Systolic blood pressure rises about 3 mm Hg per
hour for the first 4 to 6 hours after waking. Diastolic pressure
goes up about 2 mm Hg per hour.
In most such patients, blood pressure goes down starting
in mid-afternoon, and reaching its lowest point between midnight
and 3:00 AM.
Regardless of blood pressure, it and heart rate vary
according to both mental and physical activity levels. Night-time
blood pressure and pulse rate change with changing nervous system
activity. Typically, nervous system activity slows while asleep,
with changes governed by posture and sleep, with norepinephrine
level regulated more by posture.
Epinephrine level is lower during sleep and begins to
increase with morning awakening. Norepinephrine level does not
increase much until an upright position is added. Under certain
circumstances the morning peak in heart attack risk or sudden
cardiac death may reflect exaggerated organ response to
norepinephrine.

ILLNESS CHANGES RHYTHMS

In a healthy person, circadian rhythm is not much of a factor.
The 24 hour low-to-high change in blod pressure usually amounts
to 15 to 25 mm Hg. In high blood pressure patients, the strength
of the rhythm may change. In some cases, the rhythm itself may be
destroyed. The circadian rhythm may be reversed in some illnesses
that change blood pressure.
The term "dippers" describes patients whose nigh-time
pressure drops at least 10% below their daytime pressure.
"Nondippers" are patients in whom night-time declines in blood
pressure no longer happen.
A nondipping pattern of circadian blood pressure changes
is clinically important. Recent studies suggest that these
patients may have increased risk for heart-related events.
Illness which causes high blood pressure can change the
circadian rhythm. However, little is known about what causes
rhythm changes in those who have high blood pressure not caused
by a distinct disease. The elderly and black people are at more
risk to be nondippers. Patients who are salt sensitive are more
likely to be nondippers.

HEART ATTACK

Acute heart attacks are 3 times more frequent in the morning than
in the late evening. In the TIMI II trial, 34% of events happened
between 6 in the morning and noon. Certain groups in the study
had even higher rates of morning heart attack. These groups were:
1) those who did not take a beta-blocker within the previous 24
hours;
2) those who had no chest pain in the preceding 48 hours;
3) those who had their heart attack on a weekday.

It has also been reported that SCD (sudden cardiac death) and
TIA (mini-strokes) happen more often in the morning. Holter
monitoring has shown that TIA occurs more often in the first
4 to 6 hours after waking.
This may be due to various causes. Triggers for morning
events may include the increase in physical and mental activity
during awakening, release of stimulant chemicals in the body,
and increases in the blood level of cortisol, which together
may increase stress on the heart.
Increases in blood "thickness," blood vessel narrowing,
and amount of blood in the body in the early morning hours may
reduce the heart's oxygen supply. In a person with semi-blocked
arteries, early morning activity might cause some of the
blockage to break loose from the blood vessel wall, causing a
stroke (blood clot) or heart attack.

ARRHYTHMIA

Heart arrhythmias also follow a circadian rhythm. However,
because arrhythmias are unpredictable, little has been
documented. Early studies using repeated Holter monitoring to
study the timing of PVCs (too-fast, weak heart beats) revealed
that most occurred between 6 A.M. and noon. In one study, 68
patients who came to the hospital with tachycardia, onset of
symptoms such as palpitations, near-fainting and fainting were
interviewed. Ventricular tachycardia was found to happen the
most at 9 in the morning.
Recently, precise study of ventricular arrhythmia
frequency became possible due to ICDs (iplanted cardio-
defibrillators). These devices permit a precise time recording
for arrhythmia. All but one of these studies showed that most
tachycardia or fibrillation happened between 6 A.M. and noon.
the one study by Wood et al showed peak arrhythmia between noon
and 7 in the evening.
These studies clearly show that arrhythmia happens far
less often during sleep. This is called "sleep suppression."
Sleep suppression is defined as more than a 50% reduction in
night-time PVCs compared to daytime numbers.

greetings,
Corrij

Beebs
Bekende op het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Beebs » zo mar 20, 2011 8:19 pm

Corrij (therapeut) schreef:hello beebs,

When I wake up every morning, my heart has strange arrythmia,

BLOOD PRESSURE AND HEART RATE CYCLES

Through clinical trials and studies, it has become known that the
levels of disease activity have a pattern linked to the body's
internal clock, set to circadian (day-night or awake-sleep cycles),
monthly, or seasonal rhythms.
These rhythms are important to cardiology because they
affect high blood pressure, heart attack, and stroke. it has been
shown that many heart "events" strike in the early morning hours
and may be linked with awakening.
In most people with high blood pressure, there is definite
rise in blood pressure upon awakening that is called the morning
or "A.M." surge. Systolic blood pressure rises about 3 mm Hg per
hour for the first 4 to 6 hours after waking. Diastolic pressure
goes up about 2 mm Hg per hour.
In most such patients, blood pressure goes down starting
in mid-afternoon, and reaching its lowest point between midnight
and 3:00 AM.
Regardless of blood pressure, it and heart rate vary
according to both mental and physical activity levels. Night-time
blood pressure and pulse rate change with changing nervous system
activity. Typically, nervous system activity slows while asleep,
with changes governed by posture and sleep, with norepinephrine
level regulated more by posture.
Epinephrine level is lower during sleep and begins to
increase with morning awakening. Norepinephrine level does not
increase much until an upright position is added. Under certain
circumstances the morning peak in heart attack risk or sudden
cardiac death may reflect exaggerated organ response to
norepinephrine.

ILLNESS CHANGES RHYTHMS

In a healthy person, circadian rhythm is not much of a factor.
The 24 hour low-to-high change in blod pressure usually amounts
to 15 to 25 mm Hg. In high blood pressure patients, the strength
of the rhythm may change. In some cases, the rhythm itself may be
destroyed. The circadian rhythm may be reversed in some illnesses
that change blood pressure.
The term "dippers" describes patients whose nigh-time
pressure drops at least 10% below their daytime pressure.
"Nondippers" are patients in whom night-time declines in blood
pressure no longer happen.
A nondipping pattern of circadian blood pressure changes
is clinically important. Recent studies suggest that these
patients may have increased risk for heart-related events.
Illness which causes high blood pressure can change the
circadian rhythm. However, little is known about what causes
rhythm changes in those who have high blood pressure not caused
by a distinct disease. The elderly and black people are at more
risk to be nondippers. Patients who are salt sensitive are more
likely to be nondippers.

HEART ATTACK

Acute heart attacks are 3 times more frequent in the morning than
in the late evening. In the TIMI II trial, 34% of events happened
between 6 in the morning and noon. Certain groups in the study
had even higher rates of morning heart attack. These groups were:
1) those who did not take a beta-blocker within the previous 24
hours;
2) those who had no chest pain in the preceding 48 hours;
3) those who had their heart attack on a weekday.

It has also been reported that SCD (sudden cardiac death) and
TIA (mini-strokes) happen more often in the morning. Holter
monitoring has shown that TIA occurs more often in the first
4 to 6 hours after waking.
This may be due to various causes. Triggers for morning
events may include the increase in physical and mental activity
during awakening, release of stimulant chemicals in the body,
and increases in the blood level of cortisol, which together
may increase stress on the heart.
Increases in blood "thickness," blood vessel narrowing,
and amount of blood in the body in the early morning hours may
reduce the heart's oxygen supply. In a person with semi-blocked
arteries, early morning activity might cause some of the
blockage to break loose from the blood vessel wall, causing a
stroke (blood clot) or heart attack.

ARRHYTHMIA

Heart arrhythmias also follow a circadian rhythm. However,
because arrhythmias are unpredictable, little has been
documented. Early studies using repeated Holter monitoring to
study the timing of PVCs (too-fast, weak heart beats) revealed
that most occurred between 6 A.M. and noon. In one study, 68
patients who came to the hospital with tachycardia, onset of
symptoms such as palpitations, near-fainting and fainting were
interviewed. Ventricular tachycardia was found to happen the
most at 9 in the morning.
Recently, precise study of ventricular arrhythmia
frequency became possible due to ICDs (iplanted cardio-
defibrillators). These devices permit a precise time recording
for arrhythmia. All but one of these studies showed that most
tachycardia or fibrillation happened between 6 A.M. and noon.
the one study by Wood et al showed peak arrhythmia between noon
and 7 in the evening.
These studies clearly show that arrhythmia happens far
less often during sleep. This is called "sleep suppression."
Sleep suppression is defined as more than a 50% reduction in
night-time PVCs compared to daytime numbers.

greetings,
Corrij
Hi Corrij

Thank you for the all the info you gave.

I am thinking of taking Lugol, iodine for the arrythmia and hypthyroid, which may be causing arrythmia and cardiac related or at least adding to them. I read the other day, that, hypothroidism can cause HF, blockages, high cholesterol, diabetes, etc...

Is it ill advised to take care of the adrenals first, then start taking Lugol to perhaps help with this? It seems the heart needs iodine too...

Is there perhaps a protocol of vits and supps I should start on if yes which ones?

Many thanks for the tips..

Beebs
Kind regards

Beebs

Corrij (therapeut)
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Corrij (therapeut) » ma mar 21, 2011 6:18 pm

Hi beebs,

High-dose iodine therapy is of great value in some circumstances. We should not forget, that this treatment caused many deaths from heart failure, as well as a long list of other side effects.

Lugols iodine is an important ingredient in the body for the proper function of the thyroid gland and for the regulation of the body's energy output. Lugols iodine is also reported as having a calming effect on the nervous system, improving brain function and reducing weight by burning unwanted fat.

Foods Rich in Iodine (I prefer this)
To maintain an adequate amount of iodine in your body, eat foods that are rich in iodine. These foods include cod liver oil, eggs, seaweed, sea salt, iodized salt, sea foods, haddock and most fresh fish. Dark-green vegetables like spinach, broccoli and romaine lettuce are rich in iodine, as well as seeds and nuts.

Warning
Do not take Lugols iodine without your doctors advice. Some people do suffer the side effects of Lugols iodine, which include: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and a metallic taste in the mouth. Seek immediate medical attention for any of the following signs of an allergic reaction: rash, itching, swelling of the face, tongue or throat, or difficulty breathing.

You can start with,

ubiquinol 1 x 100 mg a day
Taurine 1000 mg a day
Acetyl-Lcarnitine 1000 mg a day

Taurine and carnitine always on a empty stomach! and not together to avoid a amino acid competition.

I know to little about hypothroidism to give you a good advice.
Thyroid hormone is very important for normal cardiovascular function, so when not enough thyroid hormone is present neither the heart nor the blood vessels function normally. In hypothyroidism the heart muscle is weakened in both its contraction phase, and also its relaxation phase. This means that the heart cannot pump as vigorously as it should, and the amount of blood it ejects with each heart beat is reduced. In addition, because the heart muscle does not relax normally in between heart beats, a potentially serious condition called diastolic dysfunction may result. (Read about diastolic dysfunction here). Furthermore, hypothyroidism reduces the amount of nitric oxide in the lining of the blood vessels, causing them to stiffen.

Cardiac symptoms of hypothyroidism

Cardiac symptoms can be seen in anybody with hypothyroidism, but are especially likely in an individual who already has underlying heart disease. Common symptoms include:

•Shortness of breath on exertion and poor exercise tolerance. These symptoms, in most patients with hypothyroidism, are due to weakness in the skeletal muscles; but in patients with heart disease, the symptoms may be due to worsening heart failure.
•Slow heart rate (bradycardia.) The heart rate is modulated by thyroid hormone, so that in hypothyroidism the heart rate is typically 10 - 20 beats per minute slower than normal. Especially in patients who also have heart disease, however, hypothyroidism may worsen the tendency for premature beats (such as PVCs) and even tachycardias such as atrial fibrillation.
•Diastolic hypertension. One might think that, because a lack of thyroid hormone slows down the metabolism, people with hypothyroidism might suffer from low blood pressure. Usually the opposite is true - the arteries are stiffer in hypothyroidism, which causes the diastolic blood pressure to rise.
•Worsening of heart failure, or the new onset of heart failure. Hypothyroidism can make well-controlled heart failure worsen, and can produce heart failure for the first time in patients with relatively mild underlying heart disease.
•Edema (swelling.) Swelling can occur as a result of worsening heart failure. In addition, hypothyroidism itself can produce a type of edema called myxedema, caused by an accumulation of abnormal proteins and other molecules in the interstitial fluid (fluid external to the body's cells.)
•Worsening of coronary artery disease. While the reduction in thyroid hormone can actually make angina less frequent in patients who have angina, the increase in LDL cholesterol (bad cholesterol) and in C-reactive protein seen with hypothyroidism can accelerate any underlying coronary artery disease.

greetings,
Corrij

Beebs
Bekende op het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Beebs » vr jan 18, 2013 2:15 am

Hi Corrij: I would be grateful if you help with supplements I should take for the heart failure. The latest results are much the same, LVF, diastolic and systolic, and mild mitral regurgitation and now pulmonary valve has trivial regurgitation. The heart failure does not seem to worsen.

I do have angina which points to coronary blockage. This is why I am taking Seabuckthorn and drinking fresh home made pomegranate juice.

I tried practicing Qi Gong, and more recently, pranyama breathing. Big Mistake. For some reason, these breathing brought on severe angina. I only did the breathing very slowly, four times. The instructor does not understand, since these breathing are specific to heal cardiac diseases. Indeed, I read in scientific journals, that one specific breathing reverses athero within a year. Also good for heart failure. I tried contacting the authors of the article on Pub Med, to no avail. There are many articles about the benefits of pranayama breathing.

I will not take meds for the heart failure, no matter what happens.

At present, I am taking Wheat Germ Oil (allergic to Fish Oils)
multi minerals Concentrace liquid, Seabuckthorn, and occasionally
Vitamin C.

I would like to start on the Orthomolecular regimen. I am taking Ayurvedic compounds for hypothyroidism.

I will also take multi vitamins from AOR, unless you know a good manufacturer, and multi Vits Bs. I am suffering from malnutrition, (clinical) because of severe allergies to foods.

Thank you very much, and I hope you are keeping well.
Kind regards

Beebs

Corrij (therapeut)
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Corrij (therapeut) » vr jan 18, 2013 10:05 pm

Hello beebs,

Cholesterol
triglyceriden
CRP
homocysteine

Are you familiar with the Cretan meditaranean diet?

Mediterranean diets are characterized by olive oil, as the dominant fat source and a high to moderate consumption of fruit and vegetables, cereal products, fish, legumes, in combination with little meat and wine with meals. The reference Mediterranean diet seems to differ according to country, but is associated with good health and a long life expectancy. From the Seven Countries Studies, it has been shown that especially the traditional Cretan diet was associated with very low 25-year mortality rates for coronary heart disease, cancer and all-causes. In terms of nutrients and bioactive compounds the reference Mediterranean diet is low in saturated fat and high in monounsaturated fatty acids, high in antioxidants especially vitamin C and E, and high in fiber and folic acid. Several epidemiological studies have investigated these dietary components either separately or in combination in other than Mediterranean populations. In general, also in other populations beneficial effects on the coronary risk profile have been observed, which gives further support to the positive health effects of the Mediterranean diet. Intervention studies in East Finland and Southern Italy have convincingly shown that the coronary risk profile (lower LDL cholesterol and blood pressure levels) is improved by a Mediterranean diet. Moreover, the Cretan diet was tested in cardiac patients and showed a 70 % lower cardiac and all-causes mortality compared to the control diet. In conclusion, epidemiological studies and intervention trials suggest that the Cretan Mediterranean diet lowers the risk of coronary heart disease.

Can you give me a list of the supplements your taking and the amount?
How is your bloodpressure?

greetings,
Corrij

Beebs
Bekende op het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Beebs » vr jan 18, 2013 10:22 pm

Cholesterol
triglyceriden
CRP
homocysteine

Are you familiar with the Cretan meditaranean diet?

Mediterranean diets are characterized by olive oil, as the dominant fat source and a high to moderate consumption of fruit and vegetables, cereal products, fish, legumes, in combination with little meat and wine with meals. The reference Mediterranean diet seems to differ according to country, but is associated with good health and a long life expectancy. From the Seven Countries Studies, it has been shown that especially the traditional Cretan diet was associated with very low 25-year mortality rates for coronary heart disease, cancer and all-causes. In terms of nutrients and bioactive compounds the reference Mediterranean diet is low in saturated fat and high in monounsaturated fatty acids, high in antioxidants especially vitamin C and E, and high in fiber and folic acid. Several epidemiological studies have investigated these dietary components either separately or in combination in other than Mediterranean populations. In general, also in other populations beneficial effects on the coronary risk profile have been observed, which gives further support to the positive health effects of the Mediterranean diet. Intervention studies in East Finland and Southern Italy have convincingly shown that the coronary risk profile (lower LDL cholesterol and blood pressure levels) is improved by a Mediterranean diet. Moreover, the Cretan diet was tested in cardiac patients and showed a 70 % lower cardiac and all-causes mortality compared to the control diet. In conclusion, epidemiological studies and intervention trials suggest that the Cretan Mediterranean diet lowers the risk of coronary heart disease.

Can you give me a list of the supplements your taking and the amount?
How is your bloodpressure?

greetings,
Corrij
Hi Corrji:

Thanks for the reply. My diet is very limited to three our four veggies and fruits. I have choice to what I can eat. But, yes, I can tolerate olive oil.

The results for all you asked are normal. Sometimes the CRP and Homocyesteine are mildly elevated. MY BP is on the low side. 100/70 except when it suddenly shoots up or down.

It would be nice to start with some orthmolecular treatment for the heart failure. I will start again with Ayurmeds for thyroid (non toxic). I suspect the hypthyroidism and Hashimotos is not helping, and who knows, may be causing the diastolic and systolic HF.

I will start again on:

Kanchanara (Ayurvedic compounds) for thyroid

Vitamin C (various sources and ascorbic acid)
Vit E (wheat germ oil)
Red Palm Oil from Gernmany, certified organic
Flax And Hemp seeds Oil,
Vitamin A from a dietary source. I am looking at this excellent site:
http://www.znaturalfoods.com/Black-Curr ... owder-1-lb
Baobab organic powder for nutrients
Hemp seed powder (when I can tolerate)
Arjuna for the heart (Ayurvedic)

I may try some Ayurvedic compounds for the digestive system,
gallstones, liver, hormones (modulator) hypo/hyper glycemia,
and blood purifier Triphala.

My cholesterol is probably normal because I take Triphala Gugul on and off, which is known to control cholesterol.

If I am to start on those Ayur meds, I would not mix them with vits and supps. I am not sure if I will or not. I have them freshly prepared from a good Ayurvedic doctor. Trustworthy and ethical.

Many thanks, and looking forward to your input.
Kind regards

Beebs

Beebs
Bekende op het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Beebs » vr feb 15, 2013 8:05 pm

Hi Corrij,

Grateful for your input.

Weak, dizzy, and breathless upon the slightest physical exertion.
Recent echo, one month ago, shows left ventricular dysfunction,
diastolic and systolic dysfunction- all mild.

But for the last two weeks, increasing tiredness, and as Jeffrey describes in his email, even talking sometimes is too much for me. Slight physical exertion such as may be trying to boil water, brings on lightheadeness. I am so weak, mostly lying down.

Blood tests are all normal excpt slightly elevated CRP.

I have no swelling of ankles or any other associated signs of being in heart failure.

One thing which may be causing those symptoms is severe malnutrition due to allergies, which is improving.

Today, I started on L Carnitine, multivitamins/minerals, Q10, selenium, chromium, magnesium, zinc, with little potassium. I am waiting for taurine delivery.
Is there anythying else you can suggest?

Do you think its the malnutrition causing those symptoms, or the heart? The doctor says he does not know. He knows I will not take any medications. I am now able to add more food to my limited diet. He thinks I may have an infection...

Many thanks for your input, much appreciated.

Beebs
Kind regards

Beebs

Willy
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Re: Hi from Newbie

Bericht door Willy » ma feb 08, 2016 12:33 pm

Hello

Please help Corrij with here work and post the results of the treatment on the

RESULTS FORUM

viewforum.php?f=106