Mother diagnosed with enlarged heart

This forum is intended for international users to help them with the treatment of cardiomyopathy or heart failure.
Plaats reactie
Anthony
Nieuw in dit forum

Mother diagnosed with enlarged heart

Bericht door Anthony » do mar 17, 2011 9:24 pm

Hi,

I found your great website and asked my mum if I could write to you.

I live in London, England and am writing on behalf of my mum. She is 60 and had some small blood clots on her lungs 7 years ago for which she was treated with warfarin. At the time she was told that she had an enlarged heart but was advised that she did not need medication yet, just to watch her weight. At the time she had an ecg, which was abnormal but a year later went back and it was ok. The cause was unknown. However she does still get breathless on climbing the stairs or walking too far.

At the time of the blood clots she also had a camera inserted into her groin which looked at her arteries and was told they were very clear for her age.

Since then I had read about coq10 and she has been on 100mg per day on and off but I wonder if this is not enough because of her weight?

She is not on warfarin anymore and was advides just to have an asprin per day.

Her height is 166cm

Weight 116kg

Non smoker, does not drink alcohol apart from the odd glass of wine once a month.

Always had migrains for decades.

She has been on blood pressure tablets for the past 2 years and since being on the medication her average is 170/71

She has a very healthy diet, lots of fruit, vegetables, fish, a little meat, porridge for breakfast and wholegrains but has always found it difficult to lose weight since my younger brother was born 35 years ago.

Works full time at her own business at a desk and has always been tired since I was a child. She also has a sleep disorder called narcolepsy but has learn't to manage this and is not on medication for it.

She has not been very active and I think this has not helped her on losing weight, but has just joined a gym with some friends and is starting with gentle exercises.

Many thanks

Anthony

Anthony
Nieuw in dit forum

Bericht door Anthony » vr mar 18, 2011 9:41 pm

Am I on the right forum to get replies?

Corrij (therapeut)
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Corrij (therapeut) » za mar 19, 2011 12:55 pm

Hello Anthony,

First of all, welcome on this forum.
Can you give me a list of medications she is using at this time?

She is diagnosed with? Cardiomyopathy?

Ejection Fraction?

Possible nutritional restrictions (salt, water, etc)

Is she using dueretics?

Or Beta Blockers like Sotalol?

Does she use lots of sugar?

Can she skip a meal or eat three hours later without any problems?

greetings,
Corrij
Those who do not have enough time for good health,
will not have good health for enough time.

Corrij (therapeut)
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Corrij (therapeut) » ma mar 21, 2011 6:24 pm

Hello Anthony,

Yes your on the right forum,

greetings,
Corrij
Those who do not have enough time for good health,
will not have good health for enough time.

Plaats reactie