My Muga Test is tomorrow

This forum is intended for international users to help them with the treatment of cardiomyopathy or heart failure.
Plaats reactie
brig
Bekende op het forum

My Muga Test is tomorrow

Bericht door brig » di sep 08, 2009 10:18 pm

Hello Corrij,

I haven't written for some time I know but that doesn't mean I haven't thought about you and checked the forum often. I have been involved with cardio rehab - tread mill, stationary bycicle and my cardiologist has recently allowed me to return to my exersize club called Curves where I use resistance training equipment and all of this seems to be going very well. I also went on holiday with my husband to the east coast of Canada for two weeks. I have wanted to travel there for years and it was just wonderful. My energy level is good and I continue with your suppliment protocal which follows: Acetyl-L-Carnitine 1500 mg daily
Chromium 200 mcg daily
Magnesium Complex 200 mg daily
Vitamin D 2000 IU daily
Taurine 1500 mg daily
Vitamin C 3000 mg daily
COQ10 200 mg daily

And my pharmaceutical meds are:
ASA 81 mg daily
Carvedilol 6.25 mg twice daily
Furosimide 20 mg every 2nd day
Ramipril 5 mg daily

Are there any other suppliments which I should add?

I have my muga scan tomorrow (big day) and I have a good feeling that there will be an improvement with my ejection fraction. If I could figure out how to apply one of your happy faces to the end of my last sentance it would be the very big smile one!!

One question, after eating a very large meal, is it possible that your heart rate will go up significantly? I had this experience the other day and it concerned me.

I hope you will wish me positive thoughts for my muga test tomorrow and I will let you know how it went. I have to wait one week for the results. How stressful!

I hope all is well with your.

Brig

Corrij (therapeut)
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Corrij (therapeut) » wo sep 09, 2009 3:21 pm

Hello Brig,

Its fantastic to hear that everything goes well, keep continue :D

About your question,
Your heart rate would go up after eating due to your body working harder to digest your food.
When you eat food, the organs involved with digestion (the stomach, intestines etc.) require considerably more blood than normal. This of course diverts blood away from other major organs (the heart, brain and lungs etc.) Because of this the body has to work harder to meet the bodies demand for oxygen and increases the BP and pulse to account for it. This is why after eating a big meal people often fall asleep because the extra energy demands on the body cause tiredness.

An unusually heavy meal may increase the risk of heart attack by about four times within two hours after eating, according to a study presented today at the American Heart Association’s Scientific Sessions 2000.

Researchers say this finding indicates that eating a heavy meal may act as a trigger for heart attack in much the same way as extreme physical exertion and outbursts of anger might – especially in someone who has heart disease.

“To the best of our knowledge, this is the first time that overeating by itself has been shown to increase the risk of heart attacks,” says lead author Francisco Lopez-Jimenez, M.D., M.Sc., a cardiology fellow at Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston. “We hope that the results of our study will help convince people to be more cautious about eating exceptionally heavy meals, especially for people who have coronary artery disease or have suffered a previous heart attack.”

The researchers questioned 1,986 male and female patients about the meals they had eaten just prior to their heart attacks. Of these, 158 had consumed a self-described heavy meal within 26 hours beforehand, and 25 had eaten a big meal during a two-hour “hazard period” preceding the attacks. The time of day when the meal was eaten had no apparent effect on the association.

While the study data covered the 26-hour period before the onset of heart attacks, Lopez-Jimenez says the most critical time was the two hours immediately preceding the onset of heart attack symptoms. Although there is a distinct difference between risk factors that develop over a lifetime – such as obesity, high cholesterol, hypertension and advanced age – and those that act as sudden triggers for a heart attack, both are potentially dangerous, he adds.

There are several ways that a heavy meal can adversely affect the heart. Eating and digesting food releases many hormones into the bloodstream. Those substances increase the heart rate and blood pressure, and may increase the substances that help form clots. The temporary rise in blood pressure increases the oxygen requirements and creates an extra burden on the heart. High blood pressure may also rupture cholesterol plaques in the arterial wall, triggering the formation of a clot that can block a blood vessel, triggering a heart attack or stroke.

Another mechanism could be that a high-fat meal impairs the function of the endothelium, the inner lining of the arteries, by a direct effect of fatty acids and other fats in the bloodstream. The rise in insulin, a substance that helps the body burn energy, after a large meal may also affect the inner lining of the blood vessels that lead to the heart. An increase in insulin levels in the blood decreases the normal relaxation of the coronary arteries.

About your supplements, you could add,

Alpha-lipioc acid 1 x 250 mg a day
Vitamin E 1 x 400 mg a day

I am curious about the test results of the muga test, and I wish you all the positive thoughts that I can think of :D

greetings, corrij
Those who do not have enough time for good health,
will not have good health for enough time.

brig
Bekende op het forum

Bericht door brig » do sep 17, 2009 3:15 am

Hello Corrij,

I got the results of my first muga test today and my ejection fraction has gone from 35% (measured from am echo done in May/09) to 41 % today from the muga test. The nurse practinioner says I should be very happy about my progress and I guess I am. Secretly I was hoping for a 45 % but I guess I'll have to wait for that maybe next time. The nurse practitioner said that she sees about 30 percent of people fully recover from idiopathic cardiomyopathy. Do you feel that that percentage is higher than that if I stick to your suppliment protocal?

She has also increased my Altace from 5 mg. daily to 5 mg. in the morning and 2.5 mg in the evening. When they gave me 10 mg. of Altace daily in the hospital my blood pressure got very low and I was very dizzy. She eventually wants to see me tolerating 5 mg. twice a day for optimal benefit. I hope that I can tolerate this. She also told me to stop taking the 20 mg. lasix every other day.

My energy level continues to be very good and I am happy with the muga test results but I want to see more improvement in the future.

Right now I have a bit of a set back as I have a bout of gout arthritis in my left toe and so it is quite painfull to get around and exersizing is quite difficult. The doctor told me to take indomethacin 25 mg 3 times a day for pain and inflamation. I hope this passes very soon.

Thank you for all your wonderful help and information so far. I am very grateful.

Take good care

Brigitte

Corrij (therapeut)
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Corrij (therapeut) » do sep 17, 2009 7:40 pm

Hello Brigitte,

That`s good news!
6% in a few months time, well done.

About your arthritis,

If we want to treat osteoarthritis or arthritis succelvol we need three things:

In an inflammation of the joint inflammation to
Building and promote production of cartilage
Natural pain relief
Inflammation prevention
Inflammation in joints with osteoarthritis can cause much pain and misery. Inflammation is a natural reaction of the body's tissue damage or overload an affected joint. After an injury or illness the body protects itself by forming an inflammation. If the tissue is damaged, the white blood cells to rush to the place of the evil ". They make leukotriënten prostaglandins and a wide range of biochemical reactions that trigger, including inflammation. If that process does not hinder than the cartilage becomes damaged. Fatty acids can impair the inflammatory response, for better or for worse. For example, arachidonic acid (in animal products like meat and milk) may worsen the inflammation. Arachidonic acid is the main culprit among the nutrients in causing inflammation. This material is almost entirely derived from animal products and saturated fatty acids and is the precursor of the bad prostaglandins, which in turn are responsible for the sticking together of platelets, the hardening of the arteries, heart disease and stroke, and inflammation naturally. Meat, poultry, dairy and egg yolks should therefore be avoided wherever possible. By contrast, docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) inhibit inflammation. This from the EPA and DHA Omega 3 fatty acids can be found in oily fish including at sea and washing. This acid is produced by algae, plankton and seaweed and is again eaten by certain fish species.
Especially that fat cold-water fish caught in the ocean contains high EPA content (35%) although it is better to involve nutrients from real food, people with osteoarthritis of their omega-3 fatty acids in the form of food ingested. When inflammation in the joints to effectively combat the dose particularly in the initial phase (the first two months) effective high enough. A good fish oil 1000 mg capsule of fish oil concentrate contains a minimum level of 350 mg EPA and 250 mg DHA and even these should be in the top 3 x 2 capsules a day 1 swallow to be effective against inflammation. The most common amount of EPA and DHA is resp. 180 and 120 mg per 1000mg fish oil. This fish oil is less pure but also one would have 3 x 4 daily capsules to swallow for the same effect. Mostly true then buy cheap is expensive. Let hieropbij purchase. Moreover, the purity is better guaranteed by these higher concentrations than fish oil capsules.

Cartilage repair
Instead of the stunning pain or performing potentially dangerous operations have achieved excellent results with a combination of natural substances which symptoms of the disease patients may decrease and eventually disappear completely. The orthomolecular view osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis can be treated effectively only if the body can be turned on the articular cartilage to protect against further damage. In addition to attempting to stimulate the body to produce more healthy cartilage. The approach is based on a combination of two nutritional supplements: glucosamine and chondroitin. Because these substances are produced by our own bodies, glucosamine and chondroitin have no demonstrable side effects. Glucosamine and chondroitin work at the cellular level to repair damaged cartilage. They mask the problem they are working to resolve it.

Glucosamine
Cartilage is a specialized form of connective tissue with a special resistance to pressure. One can propose as a sponge healthy cartilage between the bones. In a rest position the sponge sucks the joint lubricant (synovial fluid) and when pressure is exerted by eg walking, some fluid is squeezed back, so the movement can be implemented smoothly and painless. In osteoarthritis the cartilage dries out.

Cartilage does three things:
Fluid as lubricant and as food.
Glycosamoniglycanen (GAG) to the water to attract and retain.
Collagen to hold proteoglycans together. It is essential for the elasticity and shock absorption.
Glucosamine is the building block and the main raw material for cartilage and connective tissue. It is also responsible for the production of synoviaalvloeistof (joint lubricant). Glucosamine is particularly needed to make glycosaminoglycans (the proteins that bind water in the cartilage matrix). Besides these key features glucosamine also gives a boost to the cells that produce these substances: the chondrocytes (cartilage cells). In fact, glucosamine plays a key role in determining the amount of proteoglycans produced by chondrocytes. It means that there is sufficient enough glucosamine proteoglycans are produced, leaving enough water in the right place is held and the cartilage healthy. When too little glucosamine available, fewer proteoglycan formed and disappears resilience in the cartilage. With increasing age reduces the amount of cartilage in the joints. Glucosamine can help the body to repair damaged cartilage. Glucosamine is the body itself is made from glucose and amino acids. It is composed of glucose, the sugar by the body as fuel, and the amino acid glutamine. Research (see references) shows that glucosamine inhibits inflammation factors and is contributing to the pain. Glucosamine also ensures the preservation of bone and bone strength. In addition, the smooth muscle. Glucosamine is extracted from chitin, a substance that gives firmness to the external skeletons of all invertebrates, including crustaceans and insects. After extraction of chitin and split the molecules of the modified glucosamine to glucosamine salts. There is convincing evidence that taking glucosamine of sense for people with chronic joint disorders. The daily dose needed to combat joint pain is 1500 mg to 2000 mg of glucosamine sulfate. Glucosamine sulphate is well absorbed in the gastrointestinal tract and is safe to use. The best form of glucosamine is to swallow a loose granular (powder) form combined with a high dose chondroitin. There are no unpleasant side effects, even when used long term or in doses that are above normal.

Chondroitin
Articular cartilage consists mainly of water and also of collagen fibers and a base substance of proteoglycans. Proteoglycans consist largely of chondroitin. Chondroitin sulfate chains are elongated interconnected galactosaminesulfaat and glucuronic acid molecules. Articular cartilage contains no blood and the maintenance of the cartilage is also problematic because nutrients through the blood can not be invoked. For the supply of nutrients is dependent on the cartilage fluid. The lubricants and nutrients from the joint within the fluid, being damaged and that the joint is at rest. Once pressure is exerted on the fluid flow again. Chondroitin works as if it were a liquid magnet, which creates a spongy suspension. The moisture absorbing nature of the proteoglycans is organized network of collagen fibers under tension held. Chondroitin is able to hydrate to attract and retain. You can imagine that as a backbone to it as long trunk and large branches from each branch hundreds of smaller branches (chondroïtinesulfaatketens). These small branches have a negative charge, so they repel each other. This causes holes in the matrix of cartilage and water can be attracted and retained. Chondroitin is the nutrient for chrondrocyten. Chondroitin also inhibits specific enzymes degrading cartilage them harmless. Chondroitin inhibits other enzymes that try to starve the cartilage because they cut the transport of nutrients. Chondroitin inhibits inflammation in the joints.

The substance stimulates production of proteoglycans, glycosaminoglycans and collagen, the molecules in the cartilage matrix serve as building blocks for healthy cartilage. Chondroitin increases the amount of hyaluronic acid in the joints. Hyaluronic acid acts as a lubricant for the joints. Chondroitin works well with glucosamine. Chondroitin may well be taken as a dietary supplement because it works almost exactly as it occurs naturally in the cartilage. Chondroitin is a supplement to proteoglycaansynthese in the cartilage and stimulate the breakdown of cartilage brakes. Chondroitin for commercial purposes is mainly extracted from animal cartilage, from chickens, cattle, pigs or sharks.

Glucosamine Chondroitin is harder than recorded, however, a short chain chondroitin is also great recording. It is important that an adequate combination supplement with glucosamine chondroitin is present (between 1200 and 1500 mg per daily dose). At a lower daily dose of chondroitin has no value. There is convincing evidence that taking chondroitin of sense for people with chronic joint disorders. Chondroitin is an expensive commodity. This is why many producers lack chondroitin combination product in their process. The combination glucosamine and chondroitin promote the formation of new cartilage, while the enzymes that break down cartilage are inhibited. This means that the disease is treated at a cellular level. A combination product in a loose powder in the right proportions (4:3), and with an adequate daily dose, is a good choice for fast and effective results have. Treatment with glucosamine and chondroitin, two natural body chemicals, the progression of osteoarthritis and cartilage repair halting. This removes the pain.

Natural pain relief

MSM, Methyl sulfonyl methane is an organic sulfur, a natural substance that naturally occurs in such fresh fruits and fresh vegetables. With increasing age, the amount of MSM in the human body. MSM, Methyl sulfonyl methane, is the third most common element in our body which helps to sensitive muscles and joints and promotes the recovery of the body. Organic sulfur is an essential component of several critical amino acids, or the flexible connection between the proteins in our muscles are.
MSM, Methyl sulfonyl methane, is capable of transmission of pain stimuli through the nervous system to block. MSM is therefore as an analgesic: it provides immediate relief from chronic pain and inflammation and inhibit the inflammatory processes. It helps doctors worldwide for the dose of medication prescribed to reduce pain. Some patients are even able to completely stop their conventional medication.

MSM, Methyl sulfonyl methane, is studied for years at the Health Sciences University in Portland. It is used by nearly twenty thousand patients with chronic pain.
Stanley Jacob MD, a practicing physician for over 50 years, surgeon and researcher, has gained international fame through his work with organic sulfur compounds. At the University of Oregon Health Sciences he treated over 15,000 patients with MSM. He served his patients to average 1,000 mg MSM. He also reports that higher doses to 5000 mg per day and more therapeutic effects without side effects. It showed that approximately 70% of patients with chronic pain benefit from MSM. This result is particularly favorable because the disadvantages of the MSM not have regular painkillers. It is safe and there occurs no habituation, which the dosage should be increased each time. Let's here some important properties of MSM this straight:

MSM is a natural painkiller: it blocks the transmission of pain stimuli. It is the safest and most effective painkiller for chronic pain we know.

MSM plays an important role in the healthy functioning of the body by improving the permeability of the cell wall. This allows moisture and nutrients are transported freely and more toxins can be removed. It is also important for the functioning of vitamins and other nutrients.

MSM promotes relaxation of muscles. Especially with chronic pain symptoms can be caused by tense muscles.
MSM has powerful anti-inflammatory properties. Inflammation may exert pressure on nerves and tissues and thereby exacerbate the pain.

MSM improves the regulation of the formation of immune complexes. The immune system is normalized by the regulation of prostaglandinestofwisseling.

MSM provides the sulfur necessary for rebuilding cartilage. In osteoarthritis shows the sulfur concentration to one third compared to healthy cartilage.
In order to combat pain and extract to 3000 mg MSM per day. External agents are said to use them. Organic silicon (silanol) is capable of glucosamine, chondroitin and MSM to bind and transport through the skin. This gel can also be very good for local use such as neck pain, osteoarthritis in the hands, or peesaandoenignen combat.

Summary
A large amount of clinical and scientific research over decades shows that glucosamine and chondroitin work in both humans and animals. The combination of glucosamine and chondroitin promotes repair of cartilage and improves joint function. Although many doctors consider OA as an incurable disease, osteoarthritis can actually be stopped and the process can be reversed by the use of sufficient glucosamine and chondroitin. These substances can best take in the ratio 4:3. MSM (methyl sulfonyl methane) is also an important material for the repair of tissue, has an anti-inflammatory properties and provides pain relief. A minimum dose of 3000 mg per day is recommended. Vitamin C and the mineral manganese increase the effectiveness of both glucosamine and chondroitin.

Recent research has shown that MSM, glucosamine and chondroitin in combination even stronger than individually. Important is the proper relationship between glucosamine and chondroitin and an adequate daily dose. The correct dose is related to body weight. When approximately 60 kg is a daily dose of 1600 mg glucosamine sulfate and 1200 mg chondroitin enough. With a body weight above 60 kg is recommended a daily dose of 2000 mg glucosamine and 1,500 mg of chondroitin sulfate used.

greetings,
Corrij

Corrij (therapeut)
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Corrij (therapeut) » di okt 13, 2009 4:05 pm

Hello Brigitte,

Can you give me a little update?

greetings,
Corrij

Plaats reactie