Just Diagnosed With Cardiomyopathy

This forum is intended for international users to help them with the treatment of cardiomyopathy or heart failure.
brig
Bekende op het forum

Bericht door brig » do mei 14, 2009 5:39 pm

Hi Corrij,

In your last email you mentioned that taurine improves heart function in "iron overload murine animal models". Could you please explain what this means. I have been told in the past that I have too much iron in my blood and that could lead to heart problems. Could this information possibly be related to my cardiomyopathy? I just thought that it was interesting that you mentioned this.

Also I am now back to 3000 mg MSM daily and do not have any gas and bloating problems for the past few days. That's a relief!

As I mentioned before, my cardiologist told me I can take what ever suppliments that I want but I thought I would let you know exactly what I am taking (pharmaseutical and suppliments). I do not want to take anything that will interact with something else I am taking. So here is the list.

ASA 81 mg daily morning
Coreg 6.25 mg morning and evening
Altace 5 mg morning daily
Lasix 20 mg morning daily

1/2 hour later I take 1500 mg Taurine

I wait 20-30 minutes to eat breakfast then I take 100mg CoQ10, 2000mg MSM and 200 mcg Chromium.

Later in the morning I take (I have been taking these suppliments for months to years):
2 garlic capsules, Vitamin E 400IU, D1000IU, C 1000mg., Silica(bamboo based), Omega 3-6-9, B complex, milk thistle

1/2 hour before lunch I take 1500 mg Aceytl-L-Carnitine

with dinner I take another 1000 mg MSM

8 pm I take 6.25 mg Coreg

and at bedtime I take Vitamost CHL for controling my cholesterol. It has red yeast rice extract in it. (My most recent total cholesterol blood test was a total cholesterol of 4.3 which I was happy to hear about!) and Calcium 1000 mg., Magnesium 500 mg in a comination pill.

I know this sounds like a lot of suppliments. What do you think? Also on top of this, my daughter has been doing some research and wanted me to ask you what your thoughts of using Hawthorn tincture and Evening Primrose oil to help with treating cardiomyoptathy. I have heard that Hawthorn may interact with pharmaseutical heart medication. Do you know anything about this?

I have been feeling well and my energy level is very good. I have noticed an improvement in my energy level since starting the MSM and Chromium. I am very happy to say that I am able to do my daily routine at home and at work ( I have a home office and work from there). How long does it usually take to obtain the benefits from taking the taurine and the L-Carninine. Will you be starting me on other suppliments as we continue this protocal?

I saw my cardiologist last week and also had an echo cardiogram. My ejection fraction was 35%. He has started me on a cardiac rehabilitation program which I am told they will monitor how much exersize that I can safely tolerate and then I should be able to go back to the exersize classes that I went to before I was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy. Have you ever heard of the exersize club called Curves? They have locations world wide. This is where I have been working out for the last 5 years. They offer resistance training which I really enjoy. Hopefully I will be able to reutrn there in time.

I see my cardiologist again in July and in September I have an appointment for a muga test. Is this test more accurate in determining my EF than an echo? What else will it show?

I was reading more on the forum and I find it very helpful to read about the journey's of others who also have cardiomyopathy and I think it is very wonderful what you and Willi are doing to help us all. I want to thank you both very much! Thanks to you I have hope for a recovery!

Hoping to hear from you.

brig

Corrij (therapeut)
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Corrij (therapeut) » vr mei 15, 2009 12:36 pm

Hello Brigitte,

Background - Iron overload has an increasing worldwide prevalence and is associated with significant cardiovascular morbidity and mortality. Elevated iron levels in the myocardium lead to impaired systolic and diastolic function and elevated oxidative stress. Taurine accounts for 25% to 50% of the amino acid pool in myocardium, possesses antioxidant properties, and can inhibit L-type Ca2+ channels. Thus, we hypothesized that this agent would reduce the cardiovascular effects of iron overload. Methods and Results - Iron-overloaded mice were generated by intraperitoneal injection of iron either chronically (5 days per week for 13 weeks) or subacutely (5 days per week for 4 weeks). Iron overload causes increased mortality, elevated oxidative stress, systolic and diastolic dysfunction, hypotension, and bradycardia. Taurine supplementation increased myocardial taurine levels by 45% and led to reductions in mortality and improved cardiac function, heart rate, and blood pressure in iron-overloaded mice. Histological examination of the myocardium revealed reduced apoptosis and interstitial fibrosis in iron-overloaded mice supplemented with taurine. Taurine mediated reduced oxidative stress in iron-overloaded mice along with attenuation of myocardial lipid peroxidation and protection of reduced glutathione level. Conclusions - These results demonstrate that treatment with taurine reduces iron-mediated myocardial oxidative stress, preserves cardiovascular function, and improves survival in iron-overloaded mice. The role of taurine in protecting reduced glutathione levels provides an important mechanism by which oxidative stress-induced myocardial damage can be curtailed. Taurine, as a dietary supplement, represents a potential new therapeutic agent to reduce the cardiovascular burden from iron-overload conditions.

Iron-overload cardiomyopathy is a restrictive cardiomyopathy that manifests itself as systolic or diastolic dysfunction secondary to increased deposition of iron in the heart and occurs with common genetic disorders such as primary hemochromatosis and betathalassemia major. Although the exact mechanism of iron-induced heart failure remains to be elucidated, the toxicity of iron in biological systems is believed to be attributed to its ability to catalyze the generation of oxygen-free radicals. In the current investigation, the dose-dependent effects of chronic iron-loading on heart tissue concentrations of iron, glutathione peroxidase (GPx) activity, free-radical production, and cardiac dysfunction were investigated in a murine model of iron-overload cardiomyopathy. It was shown that chronic iron-overload results in dose-dependent (a) increases in myocardial iron burden, (b) decreases in the protective antioxidant enzyme GPx activity, (c) increased free-radical production, and (d) increased mortality. These findings show that the mechanism of iron-induced heart dysfunction involves in part free radical–mediated processes.

About herbs,

Many doctors expert in herbal medicine consider hawthorn to be an effective and low-risk therapy for congestive heart failure, the main complication of cardiomyopathy. Rigorous clinical trials have now confirmed the effectiveness of hawthorn for the signs and symptoms of early-stage congestive heart failure, though hawthorn studies with cardiomyopathy patients have yet to be conducted. The clinical trials with heart-failure patients have demonstrated efficacy using 80 to 300 mg of standardized extract of hawthorn leaves and flowers two to three times per day.

Two herbs used in the traditional medicine of India (Ayurveda) to treat people with cardiomyopathy and congestive heart failure have recently been supported by a small amount of clinical research. Arjun (Terminalia arjuna) has been shown to significantly improve the signs and symptoms of cardiomyopathy, as well as the objective measurements of heart function. In a clinical trial, people with DCM and severe heart failure took 500 mg of arjun extract three times daily. After two weeks, significant improvement in heart function was observed, an effect that continued over the course of approximately two years. The arjun used in this study was concentrated, but not standardized for any particular constituent. Commercial preparations are sometimes standardized to contain 1% arjunolic acid.

Another Ayurvedic herb, coleus, contains forskolin, a substance that may help dilate blood vessels and improve the forcefulness with which the heart pumps blood. Recent clinical studies indicate that forskolin improves heart function in people with cardiomyopathy and congestive heart failure. A preliminary trial found that forskolin reduced blood pressure and improved heart function in people with cardiomyopathy. These trials used intravenous injections of isolated forskolin. It is unknown whether oral coleus extracts would have the same effect. While many doctors and practitioners of herbal medicine would recommend 200 to 600 mg per day of a coleus extract containing 10% forskolin, these amounts are extrapolations and have yet to be confirmed by direct clinical research

Hawthorn is considered safe for most adults when used for short periods of time. Side effects are usually mild and can include upset stomach, headache, and dizziness.
Drug interactions with hawthorn have not been thoroughly studied. It was once thought that hawthorn interacted with the heart medicine digoxin. However, a very small study in people without heart conditions found no interaction, but evidence is limited.

Why do you take garlic?

Do not take evening primrose without first talking to your doctor if you are taking any of the following medicines:

any medicine to treat seizures or epilepsy,
chlorpromazine (Thorazine),
fluphenazine (Prolixin, Permitil),
mesoridazine (Serentil),
perphenazine (Trilafon),
prochlorperazine (Compazine),
promethazine (Phenergan, Promethegan),
thioridazine (Mellaril),
trifluoperazine (Stelazine), or
triflupromazine.
There may be an increased risk of seizures in patients who take evening primrose with any of the medications listed above. You may not be able to take evening primrose, or you may require a dosage adjustment or special monitoring during your treatment.

No other interactions between evening primrose and other medicines have been reported. Talk to your doctor, pharmacist, or health care provider before taking any prescription or over-the-counter medicines or other herbal/health supplements.

Ni i never heard of curves.

About MUGA scans

Also known as a nuclear ventriculogram, a MUGA (multi-gated acquisition) scan is a radionuclide imaging test that provides physicians with a comprehensive view of blood flow and the function of the lower chambers of the heart ventricles. It is called “multi-gated” because a gamma camera takes multiple (sometimes over 60) pictures at very specific times. As the blood moves through the heart, the camera is able to create images of its chambers.

One of the most important indicators revealed by these pictures is the left ventricle’s ejection fraction (EF) – a measure of the amount of blood being pumped from the left ventricle with each heartbeat. There is always some blood left in the ventricle and the EF is the volume of blood pumped out divided by the volume of blood that remains in the ventricle. A normal EF is more than 55 percent of blood volume – typically between 55 and 70 percent. An abnormally low ejection fraction is an important predictor of the patient’s risk for future cardiac events and death. This information also helps to guide treatment.

The test can also be used to detect or assess damage from a heart attack or diseases that affect the heart muscle. A MUGA scan can determine which portion of the heart muscle has been damaged and the extent of the injury. It can be used to establish a patient’s risk of coronary artery disease or complications from heart disease as well.

Stress echo is a good general test (better even than resting echo alone). Recognize that echos by nature are somewhat open to intrepretation since the skill of the technician, skill of the doctor reading the video, quality of the equipment, and mass of chest/abdomen all affect the ability to get a good "picture". Doesn't mean that you can't get reliable results just means that at some point you may need more definitive tests such as a Trans-Esophogeal Echocardiogram (TEE) (where the put the sonogram emitter down your throat while sedated) or a MUGA which is a nuclear based test that gives EXACT EF, LV size readings.

greetings,
Corrij
Those who do not have enough time for good health,
will not have good health for enough time.

brig
Bekende op het forum

Bericht door brig » vr mei 15, 2009 4:00 pm

Good Morning Corrij,

I guess I take the garlic because I read that it reduces blood cholesterol and protects against coronary artery and heart disease. I have been taking it for years. I also recently learned that it is also a blood thinner so it can protect against blood clots.

I checked out my suppliments with a naturopathic doctor in the past but this was before I was taking the meds for cardiomyopathy and before I met you in this forum so maybe I should make another appointment with the naturopath and ask about the new meds. What do you think?

Can I take the taurine and aceytal-L Carnitine at the same time as the other suppliments I am taking?

We are having our first summer long weekend here in Ontario and many people are traveling north to go camping or to their summer cottages but it is sooo cold this weekend. They even say there will be snow up in camping and cottage areas. I am happy to stay home in my warm house and do my gardening when the sun is shining. Have a very nice weekend.

Take care

Brigitte[/img]

Corrij (therapeut)
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Corrij (therapeut) » vr mei 15, 2009 4:35 pm

Good afternoon Brigitte,

I think its better too stay with one therapy, otherwise it is difficult for me to see what is working for you and what isn`t.
In a few weeks time (2) we add some more supplements.

The carnitine and the taurine not at the same time!
I just wanted to say that it would be best to take the amino acids
separately on a empty stomach.

For instance the carnitine half an hour before breakfast or two hours after breakfast

The taurine half an hour before lunch or diner. or two hours after
This is to get an as big as possible effect.
This is to avoid the amino acid competition.

Here in Holland it is spring, and at the moment it is raining. We have many holidays here, but the next one is for the most people in july-august.
Spring is my favorite, all those flowers, beautiful :D

I wish you a very nice weekend,

greetings,
Corrij

brig
Bekende op het forum

An update

Bericht door brig » vr jun 05, 2009 8:30 pm

Hello Corrij,

It's been about 2 weeks since we last emailed each other so I wanted to touch base with you and let you know what has been going on with me. I continue with the suppliment protocol you reccomend and I have pretty good energy levels generally. If I get tired some days, I know why - because I have been in the garden planting vegetables or I have been looking after my two very beautiful grandchildren!!

Sometimes I feel sad and down because I am dealing with this illness.

I am going to start a cardiac rehabilitaion group next week where I will have educational sessions and exersizing 2x per week for six months. It all sounds very positive and I will feel better when I am exersizing more.

I have a stress test appointment booked for Monday so that there will be a baseline of my fitness level. I hope that everything goes well.

Do I need to add any suppliments to my present protocal at this time?

Trying to stay positive,

Brig

Corrij (therapeut)
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Corrij (therapeut) » za jun 06, 2009 5:16 pm

Hello Brig,

If your feeling a little bit down you can try Hypericum this is a natural stress reliever.

You can also add the following supplements,

Vitamin C 3 x 1000 mg a day
Alpha-lipioc acid 1 x 250 mg a day
Vitamin D3 2 x 15 mcg a day

greetings,
Corrij

brig
Bekende op het forum

Bericht door brig » ma jun 08, 2009 5:55 pm

Hi Corrig,

Thanks for your response. Regarding vitamin D3 to my protocol, I have a question. I have at home already VD3 (Cholecalciferol) 25mcg. Your email said to take VD3 15 mcg 2X per day. Can I use up what I have at home and take 25 mcg 2X per day or would that be too much.

Also, I have a bladder infection and the Dr. has prescribed for me to take an antibiotic called Nitrofurantoin Macrocrystal 100 mg. 2X per day for 7 days as well as phenazopyridine HCL 200 mg 3 x per day for pain (probably only for a day or two). I told him what pharmaseutical drugs I was taking for CM. Can I take these meds while I am on your protocal?

P. S. My daughter was visiting on the weekend and she commented on how much energy I have now!

Greetings,

brig

Corrij (therapeut)
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Corrij (therapeut) » di jun 09, 2009 10:08 am

Hello Brig,

50 mcg is too much, 25 mcg is oke :D
It is no problem too use your supplements at the same time with your meds.

Do you know the supplement D-Mannose?
D-Mannose is a simple sugar that occurs naturally in some plants, including cranberries. Although small amounts of D-Mannose are metabolized by the human body, much of it is rapidly excreted in the urine. In the bladder, D-Mannose can adhere to bacterial lectins, preventing them from sticking to the lining of the bladder. Bacteria can then be flushed away during urination, thereby precluding the formation of colonies within the urinary tract. Because insubstantial amounts of D-Mannose are used by the body, it does not interfere with blood sugar regulation. D-Mannose does not kill bacteria.

Do you take vitamin C?
Ascorbic acid should be used with the appropriate antibiotic. The effect of ascorbic acid is synergistic with antibiotics and would appear to broaden the spectrum of antibiotics considerably. I found that penicillin-K orally or penicillin-G intramuscularly used in conjunction with bowel tolerance doses of ascorbic acid would usually treat infections caused by organisms ordinarily requiring ampicillin or other more modern synthetic penicillins. Cephalosporins were used in conjunction with ascorbic acid for staphylococcus infections. The combination of tetracycline and ascorbate was used for nonspecific urethritis; however, patients who had previously repeated recurrences of nonspecific urethritis found they were free of the disease with maintenance doses of ascorbate. I am not sure that the tetracycline was necessary even in the acute cases, but it was used for legal reasons. Some other cases of unknown etiology such as two cases of Reiter's disease and one case of acute anterior uveitis also responded dramatically to ascorbate.

A most important point is that patients with bacterial infections would usually respond rapidly to ascorbic acid plus a basic antibiotic determined by initial clinical impressions. If cultures subsequently proved the selection of antibiotic incorrect, usually the patient was well by that time.

greetings,
Corrij

brig
Bekende op het forum

Bericht door brig » ma jun 22, 2009 7:40 pm

Good day Corrij,

Thank you for the help with the bladder infection. I am feeling much better now. I have the D-Mannose at home now just in case I might need it again for bladder infection. I hope not! I continue to take the latest additions to my protocal which are:

Vitamin C 1000 mg 3 times a day
Alpha Lipoic Acid 250 mg daily
Vitamin D3 1000 IU or 25 mcg 2 times a day ( is this the correct dose. I have this strength at home already)

I have been feeling tingling sensations in my lower legs and feet as well as my hands sometimes. It is not that bothersome. Do you think this might be a side affect of the pharmaceutical meds that I am on or maybe the suppliments I am taking. Should I be concerned about this tingling?

I continue to go to cardiac rehabilitation 2 times per week and it is going well.

Have a good day

brig

Corrij (therapeut)
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Corrij (therapeut) » wo jun 24, 2009 8:19 pm

Hello Brigitte,

I think this tingling sensation is a side effect of the apo-ramipril.
What side effects are possible with Apo-Ramipril?
Many medications can cause side effects. A side effect is an unwanted response to a medication when it is taken in normal doses. Side effects can be mild or severe, temporary or permanent. The side effects listed below are not experienced by everyone who takes this medication. If you are concerned about side effects, discuss the risks and benefits of this medication with your doctor.

The following side effects have been reported by at least 1% of people taking this medication. Many of these side effects can be managed, and some may go away on their own over time.

Contact your doctor if you experience these side effects and they are severe or bothersome. Your pharmacist may be able to advise you on managing side effects.

cough (dry, persistent)
dizziness or lightheadedness
drowsiness
headache
nausea
sexual difficulties
vomiting
weakness
Although most of the side effects listed below don't happen very often, they could lead to serious problems if you do not seek medical attention.

Check with your doctor as soon as possible if any of the following side effects occur:

chest pain
confusion
fast heartbeat or palpitations
irregular heartbeat
low blood pressure (dizziness, lightheadedness, especially when rising from a lying or sitting position)
nervousness
numbness or tingling in the hands, feet, or lips
signs of liver damage (abdominal pain, abdominal distention, fever, nausea, or vomiting, yellowing of the skin or eyes)
skin rash with or without itching, fever, or joint pain
sore throat and fever
swelling of the hands, feet, or ankles

I should talk about this with your doctor.

Take the 2 x 25 mcg vitamin D3 for a month or so and continue with 1 x 25 mcg a day. 1000 IU is 1250 mcg.

greetings,
Corrij

Corrij (therapeut)
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Corrij (therapeut) » wo nov 11, 2009 12:18 pm

Hello Brigitte,

I am curious how things are, is everthing oke?

greetings,
Corrij

brig
Bekende op het forum

Hi Corrij

Bericht door brig » do nov 12, 2009 6:47 pm

Thank you for thinking of me. Things are going well. I continue to take all the suppliments you recomend as well as the meds from my cardiologist. I go to see him again on January 6th for a check up. I don't know if they will do a heart ultrasound at that time or not. I was told that they would do a muga scan once a year so I have a long time to wait to see if my ejection fraction has imporved any more because my last muga was this past September and if you recall I am very happy to say that my EJ went from 35 in April 2009 to 41. My energy level is still good. I continue with cardio rehab on Tuesdays, yoga once a week and I go to curves ( where I do resistance training and streaching for 45 minutes) 2 to 3 times per week. I still worry about my conditon and would like very much for my EJ to imporve even more because I worry about my longevity.

To refresh your memory, these are the suppliments and meds I am presently taking.

The cardiologist discontinued the lasix in September. He said it might have agrivated the gout I had in my big toe. That took almost 7 weeks to heal!!

Ramipril 5 mg mornings and 2.5 mg evenings
Carvedilol 6.25 mg 2 times daily
Aspirin 81 mg daily

Chromium 200 mcg daily
Vit. E 400 IU daily
Alpha Lipoic Acid 250 mg daily
CoQ10 100 my 2 times daily
B complex daily
Selenium 200 mcg daily
Magnesium 100 mg 2 times daily
Vitamin C 1000 mg 3 times daily
Vitamin D 1000 IU 2 times daily
Omega 369 1200 mg daily
Taurine 1500 mg daily
Acetyl -L Carnitine 1500 mg daily

Is there anything that I need to add or change to this to optimize my healing? I am a bit concerned about the effects of taking all of these pills on my liver. Does taking a lot of pills/suppliments cause a strain on the liver?

Also, here in Canada the public health department is really pushing the H1 N1 (swine flu) vaccine on the general public. My family Dr. told me that due to my cardiomyopathy diagnosis, I should get the vaccine as well as the regular annual flu vaccine and so should all of my family. What do you think about these vaccinations and should I get them or only the Swine Flu vaccine to protect myself?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Brig.

Corrij (therapeut)
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Corrij (therapeut) » vr nov 13, 2009 2:06 pm

Hello Brig,

The consumption of dietary supplements has been rising every year. Whereas many people believe that dietary supplements can improve their health or prevent certain diseases, some consumer groups or medical professionals have warned that dietary supplements can be dangerous. So, the question is: are dietary supplements really dangerous? Unfortunately, the question does not have a simple answer.
Dietary supplements, by its broad definition, include thousands of different products. In 2004, Consumer Reports listed 12 potentially dangerous dietary supplements. Many of them are herbal products. These supplements include: aristolochic acid (human carcinogen, kidney damage), Comfrey (liver damage), androstenedione (cancer risk, reduces HDL cholesterol level), Chaparral (liver damage), Germander (liver damage), Kava (liver damage), bitter orange (increases blood pressure, heart arrythmias, heart attack, stroke), organ / glandular extracts (mad cow disease), Lobelia (breathing problem, low blood pressure), Pennyroyal oil (liver / kidney / nerve damage), Skullcap (liver damage), Yohimbe (increases blood pressure, heart arrythmias, heart attack).
Many dietary supplements including vitamins and minerals are safe and can supplement what is missing in our diet if consumed properly. However, even the benign supplement can become dangerous in overdose. In local news, a woman was reported to give her two teenage daughters mega dose of vitamin A for long period of time, thinking that the supplement is good for the eyes. Both of her daughters suffered from acute liver failure. One slowly recovered after the supplementation was stopped. The other required a liver transplant to save her life. Vitamin A is not dangerous and in fact, has many health benefits. However, mega dose of vitamin A is hepatotoxic. In this case, ignorance itself is dangerous!
The quality of dietary supplement is also an important factor. The presence of contaminations, such as heavy metal, drugs, and toxic substances can make a benign supplement dangerous.
I realy believe that the supplements youre taking are safe, Although the government and the power center who maintain a healthy and varied diet that contains all that we need, testing shows that almost no one, not even 1 in 100 people, of all major nutrients, the RDA (Recommended Daily Allowance) cites. And the RDA is the minimum required to reasonably normal life by going. The RDA takes no account of the prevention of degenerative diseases. It is an absolute minimum to avoid shortages develop. The optimum values are generally much higher. In addition, the origin of the supplement is important. Thus it appears that only a fraction of synthetic supplements have the effect of natural vitamins. It is therefore not surprising that studies repeatedly show that the use of synthetic multi-vitamins "just to have no effect. Fortunately, there are indeed active but supplements that are composed entirely different. Of course there is also a different price tag, but then you have value for money.

About the swine flu,
I can not say don`t vaccinate, and I cannot say vaccinate. Its up to you.
You ask me what I think about vaccination?
It’s true the virus is spreading.
Much more important, however, is the fact that reported cases continue to be symptomatically mild, requiring little or no medical intervention. And deaths from the H1N1 virus remain extremely low, at less than one half of one percent of reported cases as of July 6.
Despite this fact, the United States has committed to spending another $1 billion on ingredients for an H1N1 vaccine, according to U.S. Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius, with plans for a mid-October vaccination program intact.
Plans are also underway to implement vaccine programs around the world. In Germany, for instance, the health ministry announced the government had plans to order 50 million vaccine units and up to 22.5 million people may be vaccinated in the first stage of the plan starting in September (even though no fatalities have occurred in the country to date).
The cost of the vaccination program is estimated at two billion euros -- even though only 800 infections, none of them fatal, have been reported in the country.
The White House Speaks About Swine Flu
If you’re on the White House email distribution list, you received an email recently announcing the “H1N1 Influenza Preparedness Summit” held on July 9. The note was signed by the Secretaries of Health and Human Services (HHS), Homeland Security, and Education.
The message said, in part:
“We are working together to monitor the spread of 2009-H1N1 and to prepare to initiate a voluntary fall vaccination program against the 2009-H1N1 flu virus, assuming we have a safe vaccine and do not see changes in the virus that would render the vaccine ineffective.”
Two things in this paragraph stand out. Number one -- the vaccination program is still voluntary. A plan for mass swine flu vaccinations is not good news, but it appears that at least for now, the choice is still up to you.
The other item which stands out in that paragraph is the phrase, “... assuming we have a safe vaccine.”
How safe is a vaccine that has been developed, “tested,” and shipped for mass distribution in a matter of weeks? The answer -- it isn’t.
Unfortunately, President Obama is fully onboard with the prospect of mass injections of inadequately tested, potentially deadly vaccines.
"We want to make sure that we are not promoting panic, but we are promoting vigilance and preparation," he said during the July 9 summit, adding, "the most important thing for us to do is to make sure that state and local officials prepare now to implement a vaccination program in the fall."
Target Groups are Among the Most Vulnerable to Vaccine Risks
Yesterday's Washington Post ran a story in which 2800 people will be tested for the vaccine in 8 US cities. Even more concerning though is that they are expecting 160 million doses of the vaccine to be ready this fall with the first batch sometime this September.
As I mentioned in an earlier article, school children are the first target group to receive vaccinations. According to the Washington Post, Education Secretary, Arne Duncan said during the summit that "we would absolutely welcome" the idea that the nation's schools be turned into vaccine shot clinics. He called them "natural sites" and said that "to open our doors and be part of the solution really makes sense."
Makes sense to whom? I can’t say this enough -- if you understand the truth about vaccines it is beyond outrageous to suggest children should be the first to line up for swine flu vaccine injections.
Say NO to the Vaccine !!!
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), the most serious and fatal cases of H1N1 have occurred in people between the ages of 30 and 50, many of whom were already ill with disorders like asthma, heart problems, diabetes, autoimmune diseases and obesity.
Cases of swine flu in healthy children have been mild in nature, with little or no medical intervention required. Informed parents, given a choice, will surely opt for a mild case of the flu over the potential health risks of an inadequately tested vaccine that can potentially cause long-term devastation of your child’s health, or worse.
Further, under federal legislation passed by Congress since 2001, an Emergency Use Authorization allows any company that gives experimental vaccines to Americans during a declared public health emergency to be protected from liability if people get hurt.
It is a bad idea to turn schools into medical clinics and test experimental swine flu vaccines on children first. Especially when nobody has any liability.
The Secretary of HHS, Kathleen Sebelius, rounded out the first targeted injection group by also including healthcare workers, pregnant women, and adults with chronic illnesses.
Pregnant women and people of any age with compromised immune systems are potentially at much higher risk for complications from dangerous vaccines than they are from a mild influenza virus.
On Their Way -- Vaccines Containing the Deadly Adjuvant Squalene
Squalene Update as of October 2009:
According to Barbara Loe Fisher, founder of the NVIC, none of the H1N1 vaccines being distributed in the United States contain squalene or other oil in water adjuvants.
We successfully made enough fuss about the potential danger of fast tracking licensure of squalene adjuvants into US H1N1 vaccines under an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) that can be invoked during a declared public health emergency that the FDA has NOT licensed these adjuvants for the U.S.
There is squalene in H1N1 vaccines licensed in Europe but not yet in the U.S. That is not to say the vaccine manufacturers will not try to get the adjuvants inserted into vaccines in the future, but for now we have won on this point.
I recently posted an article on the subject of the vaccine adjuvant squalene. If you haven’t read this article, I suggest you do so. It contains crucial information about the health risks associated with injections of vaccines containing squalene.
Adjuvants are added to vaccines to make them more “effective” and to reduce the amount of vaccine required per dose. They do this by causing your immune system to react in a powerful, unnatural and potentially dangerous way to the presence of the organism you’re being vaccinated against.
Squalene is proving to be among the worst of the worst in terms of immune adjuvants.
We know at least two of the swine flu vaccines under development by drug companies will contain the oil-based adjuvant squalene. Novartis and GlaxoSmithKline are producing those vaccines, and it’s probably just the tip of the iceberg because:
In a July 13 WHO swine flu pandemic briefing note in which they list their latest recommendations on vaccines, they state:
“In view of the anticipated limited vaccine availability at global level and the potential need to protect against "drifted" strains of virus, SAGE recommended that promoting production and use of vaccines such as those that are formulated with oil-in-water adjuvants and live attenuated influenza vaccines was important.
Translation: WHO is now specifically recommending the production and use of vaccines containing oil-based adjuvants.
Also on July 13, HHS Secretary Sebelius committed another $884 million -- in addition to the $1 billion committed in May -- to purchase two key ingredients of the H1N1 vaccines under development. The key ingredients are:
1. The antigen (the active ingredient or organism)
2. The adjuvant
Novartis, whose vaccine contains the squalene adjuvant MF59, will receive $690 million of the $884 million.
The handwriting is on the wall -- H1N1 vaccines will almost certainly contain the squalene adjuvant. Sebelius hedges her bets with the following statement:
“Depending on the results of clinical studies, adjuvant could be added to a vaccine to boost the immune system’s response and potentially reduce the amount of antigen necessary for the body to recognize and fight a virus.”
Depending on the results of clinical studies? Are those the same studies that will somehow be completed in record time and inexplicably deliver results pronouncing swine flu vaccines “safe and effective?”
Your skepticism is warranted and may keep you and your family safe.
Again -- please read my recent article on squalene so you will be fully informed of the deadly potential of this vaccine adjuvant and the controversy surrounding its use.
The U.K. is Also Keen to Mass Vaccinate
The U.S. government isn’t alone in its irrational response to the H1N1 virus.
How’s this for a headline: “Swine flu vaccine to be cleared after five-day trial.”
Dr. Peter Holden, the British Medical Association’s lead negotiator on swine flu, is of the opinion that although swine flu is not causing serious illness in patients, U.K. health officials are eager to start a mass vaccination campaign, beginning with “priority groups.” Holden says the vaccinations will reduce the chances of a shortage of hospital beds because of people suffering from swine flu.
Why is the U.K. eager to vaccinate for a virus that isn’t causing serious illness? And why, if the swine flu isn’t causing serious illness, is Dr. Holden concerned about a shortage of hospital beds?
Some Do’s and Don’ts as Flu Season Approaches
Whether you believe the U.S. government is simply naïve or quite deliberate in their ongoing swine flu pandemic propaganda campaign, it is imperative you arm yourself with the facts about the H1N1 virus, vaccinations, and what you can do to protect yourself and your family.
Don’t assume because the government is promoting swine flu vaccines, they must be safe. Many vaccines with the FDA’s stamp of approval have proved to be dangerously high risk.
• The anthrax vaccine, mandated for U.S. military personnel, is not safe.
• Thimerosal, a commonly used mercury-based vaccine preservative, is not safe.
• The HPV vaccine (Gardasil), a disturbing example of how effective marketing can create a non-existent “need” for a product that is clearly unsafe.
• The last swine flu vaccine, from the 1976 “pandemic,” was unsafe. The pandemic never materialized, and more people died from the vaccine than from the swine flu.
• The FDA in its role as guardian of your family’s health is not safe.
Don’t assume your government cannot or will not mandate vaccinations or quarantines. Laws are on the books which give federal, and state and local authorities the latitude to enforce vaccine mandates, involuntary isolation and quarantine, and punitive action against those who resist.
• The Model State Emergency Health Powers Act directs the public health authority to “use every available means to prevent the transmission of infectious disease and to ensure that all cases of contagious disease are subject to proper control and treatment” (Article VI, page 26).
• Executive Order 13295: Revised List of Quarantinable Communicable Diseases gives authority to the Secretary of HHS to provide for the “apprehension, detention, or conditional release of individuals to prevent the introduction, transmission, or spread of suspected communicable diseases.
• Executive Order 13375: Amendment to Executive Order 13295 Relating to Certain Influenza Viruses and Quarantinable Communicable Diseases adds “influenza caused by novel or reemergent influenza viruses that are causing, or have the potential to cause, a pandemic.

greetings,
Corrij

Corrij (therapeut)
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Corrij (therapeut) » wo feb 03, 2010 10:47 pm

Hello Brigitte,

I am curious how things are, is everthing oke?

greetings,
Corrij

Corrij (therapeut)
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Corrij (therapeut) » vr mei 14, 2010 8:42 pm

Hello Brigitte,

Can you give me a little update?
Do you still want to be on this forum?

greetings,

Corrij

Plaats reactie