Dilated myopathy after giving birth

This forum is intended for international users to help them with the treatment of cardiomyopathy or heart failure.
Corrij (therapeut)
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Corrij (therapeut) » vr apr 27, 2007 10:06 am

Hi Corrij

THanks for the chat.Nice to get in touch with you again.Please tell me more
about the other supplement that was added to the heart failure protocol.

Also help me with high BP.I am 180-190/130-140

THanks and take care

God Bless
Praveen

Praveen Panday
Those who do not have enough time for good health,
will not have good health for enough time.

Corrij (therapeut)
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Corrij (therapeut) » vr apr 27, 2007 10:25 am

Hello Praveen,

Youre welcome,it was a nice chat :D

Can you tell me what kind of supplements youre wife`s taking?
Do you know her EF fraction?

I promise you some information about D-Ribose,so,

D-Ribose improves diastolic function and quality of life in congestive heart failure patients: a prospective feasibility study.Omran H, Illien S, MacCarter D, St Cyr J, Luderitz B.
Department of Medicine-Cardiology, University of Bonn, Sigmund-Freud-Street 25, D-53105, Bonn, Germany. omran@uni-bonn.de

Patients with chronic coronary heart disease often suffer from congestive heart failure (CHF) despite multiple drug therapies. D-Ribose has been shown in animal models to improve cardiac energy metabolism and function following ischaemia. This was a prospective, double blind, randomized, crossover design study, to assess the effect of oral D-ribose supplementation on cardiac hemodynamics and quality of life in 15 patients with chronic coronary artery disease and CHF. The study consisted of two treatment periods of 3 weeks, during which either oral D-ribose or placebo was administered followed by a 1-week wash out period, and then administration of the other supplement. Assessment of myocardial functional parameters by echocardiography, quality of life using the SF-36 questionnaire and functional capacity using cycle ergometer testing was performed. The administration of D-ribose resulted in an enhancement of atrial contribution to left ventricular filling (40+/-11 vs. 45+/-9%, P=0.02), a smaller left atrial dimension (54+/-20 vs. 47+/-18 ml, P=0.02) and a shortened E wave deceleration (235+/-64 vs. 196+/-42, P=0.002) by echocardiography. Further, D-ribose also demonstrated a significant improvement of the patient's quality of life (417+/-118 vs. 467+/-128, P< or =0.01). In comparison, placebo did not result in any significant echocardiographic changes or in quality of life. This feasibility study in patients with coronary artery disease in CHF revealed the beneficial effects of D-ribose by improving diastolic functional parameters and enhancing quality of life.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/quer ... med_docsum

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/quer ... med_docsum

This one is for you Praveen :P

High bloodpressure

Blood pressure is a measurement of the force exerted by blood as it flows through the arteries. High blood pressure occurs when there is an increase of force against the arterial wall, with potentially damaging consequences. Among adults, a normal blood pressure measure is considered to be below 120/80 mm Hg. Any blood pressure reading higher than this reflects elevated blood pressure.

The force of blood pressure is measured in two stages: when the heart is contracting (systolic pressure) and relaxing (diastolic pressure). Blood pressure is always expressed in pressure units of millimeters of mercury (mm Hg), and written as systolic over diastolic pressure. For example, a blood pressure reading of 120/80 mm Hg would mean a systolic pressure of 120 mm Hg and a diastolic pressure of 80 mm Hg.

Table 1 gives the four blood pressure classifications according to the Seventh Report of the Joint National Committee on Prevention, Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Pressure:

Table 1. General Blood Pressure Guidelines for Individuals With No Other Known Disease
Blood Pressure Classification
Systolic (mm Hg)
Diastolic (mm Hg)

Normal
Less than 120
Less than 80

Prehypertension
120 – 139
80 – 89

Stage 1 hypertension
140 – 159
90 – 99

Stage 2 hypertension
More than 159
More than 99

Source: Chobanian AV et al 2003

1) Alcohol
People with high blood pressure should not drink alcohol. While studies have demonstrated that low levels of alcohol intake can have protective effects for the heart, and can possibly reduce the risk of developing high blood pressure 1, research has also clearly demonstrated that consuming alcohol in the setting of exisiting high blood pressure is unhealthy 2.

Alcohol directly raises blood pressure, and further acts to damage the walls of blood vessels, which can elevate the blood pressure further and make it more difficult to treat, while simultaneously increasing the risk of complications.

2) Salt
In some people, eating too much salt can make high blood pressure much worse. In others, the same salt consumption may have no effect. The problem is that no doctor or scientist can tell which is the case for an individual patient until it is too late.

This, combined with the fact that too much salt is bad for the heart regardless of blood pressure status, means that reduced sodium is a strongly recommended part of a healthy diet. These recommendations are especially important in the setting of secondary high blood pressure due to kidney problems.

3) Fats
Saturated fats, especially trans-fats, are bad for both the heart and blood vessels. Because the circulatory system is already under a lot of stress in the setting of high blood pressure, extra strain can be devastating.

The balanced high blood pressure diet should include sparse amounts of saturated and trans-fats (red meat, fast food), and moderate amounts of other fats (olives, canola oil).

Those with high blood pressure who are seeking to modify their diet habits are at an advantage, since most of the advised eating guidelines are so similar to the healthy dietary advice with which most people are already familiar. Namely

low fat
lots of natural fruits and vegetables
moderate consumption of red meat
moderate consumption ofsweets

1) Whole Grains
Whole grain foods such as

hearty breads
natural oat products
barley
are very good for you. They are a powerful source of complex carbohydrates (a great long term energy source) and can help to control cholesterol and balance secretion of hormones like insulin.

These hormone balancing effects can help decrease appetite and lower body weight, which is another important facet of high blood pressure control.

2) Fruits & Vegetables
Probably the most familiar piece of dietary advice: eat lots of fruits and vegetables. They are a good source of stable energy, low in calories, help curb appetite, and work to regulate blood sugar and cholesterol. They are also a great source of vitamins and minerals.

The easiest rule of thumb to remember is to eat at least three different colors of vegetables with each meal. So, a few pieces of carrot, two cherry tomatoes, and a serving of green, leafy vegetables would do the trick. Remember too that when in comes to cooking fruits and vegetables steamed is better than boiled, and raw is the best.

regards,
Corrij

praveen
Bekende op het forum

Bericht door praveen » zo mei 06, 2007 1:08 am

Dear Corrij

Thanks for all the replies and for following up with me.Sorry for the
delay,my internet is giving me hassles.

Currently my wife is on
Chromium GTF,6x100mcg a day,
MSM 3x1000mg a day and the
Carnitine 3x500mg a day

I have one problem, I cannot get Chromium GTF anymore. I can only get
Chromium Picolinate , however there is a product called GTF . please see
here

http://www.sabookreview.co.za/cam/produ ... mat=detail

it has Chromium 600 ug, so you think it is ok.Can I use this one instead
of chromium GTF.Please let me know.

Also can she start with D-Ribose and what is the dosage please.

Thanks again for all the help.

Regards
Praveen

Corrij (therapeut)
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Corrij (therapeut) » zo mei 06, 2007 12:49 pm

Hi Praveen,

Finally :D I thought you forgot me completly :D :P

The Chromium picolinate is oke ,I prefer the picolinate above the product called GTF.And 2x200 mcg is enough :D 600 mcg a day is a little to much for her.

But it is not a bad or wrong product,if that is the only one you can buy its also oke :D

About the ribose,if I was you I wait a few months with taking it.
It`s a very expencive product and youre wife is not taking the most importans supplements of the protocol.

I suggest she added the Taurine 3 x 500 mg a day and the Q10 2 x 100 mg a day.

With the Carnitine,the Q 10 and the taurine she`s taking the most important ones of the protocol.

There must be a improvement in a few months time if she`s taking this.

regards,
Corrij

praveen
Bekende op het forum

Bericht door praveen » ma mei 07, 2007 11:21 am

Dear Corrij

THanks for the reply.I appreciate it.

Will keep in touch

Take care
praveen

Corrij (therapeut)
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Corrij (therapeut) » do mei 10, 2007 3:24 pm

Hi Praveen,

Have you seen the latest message from Kevin?
Must give your wife a lot of hope :D

http://www.candida-fibromyalgie-hypogly ... 4&start=45

greetings,
Corrij

Corrij (therapeut)
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Corrij (therapeut) » do aug 28, 2008 6:00 pm

Hello Praveen,

You`ve called me a few weeks ago, but the connection was very bad and broken.
Was there something you want to ask me?

greetings,
Corrij

praveen
Bekende op het forum

Re: Dilated myopathy after giving birth

Bericht door praveen » wo jan 08, 2014 8:08 pm

Hi Corrij and Willie

How are you guys ? I hope all is well .

I have not been in contact for a long time, we have had several challenges.We started in the begining and gave up.My wifes new EJF is 18%.She is not doing so well.I really want to put her onto a protocol.

I asked her cardiologist and he said it's is fine with Vitamins,he also thinks it might help.

Her current meds are

Lasix
Carloc
Plenish K
Spiractin
Prexum
Dijoxin

Please let me know how she can proceed.

Wishing you guys all the best

Praveen Panday
Regards,

Praveen Panday

Willy
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Willy » do jan 09, 2014 7:57 pm

Digoxin = Digoxin?

Lasix --> diuretics
Carloc --> beta blocker
Plenish K --> slow potasium
Spiractin diuretics
Prexum --> ACE inhibitor

Correct?

EJ % now 18 what was it years ago? did she got worse on the EJF?

Why are you or your wife reconsidering the protocol?

why did'nt you start years ago?
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Willy Witsel

Ben je blij met ons gratis advies doe dan
een tweet of een like bovenin deze forumpagina

praveen
Bekende op het forum

Bericht door praveen » vr jan 10, 2014 2:33 pm

digoxin that is correct .Similiar to Lanoxin

I forgot to mention, she is also on Euthyrox for her thyroid and also on Glucophage for Diabetes.

As far as the previous attempt with the protocol, I think the error was on our side
in not buying quality products.We bought local brands which were eventually discontinued as they
were not quality tested.At that stage I was not able to buy the better known Solgar or Now range
due to financial restrictions.

We last went to the cardiologist 10 years ago and her EJF was then around 40%.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks
Praveen
Regards,

Praveen Panday

Willy
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Willy » vr jan 10, 2014 2:54 pm

40 --> 18% over 10 years is resonably normal

Oke

Check what products you can buy

I want to start as soon as possible with

Q10 (oil capsules), Carnitine or Acetyl-Carnitine, Magnesium, Taurine, D-ribose powder

I prevere products from big companies like Solgar, NOW, Pharma Nord, Health Genesis

Send me a link tot each product description
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Willy Witsel

Ben je blij met ons gratis advies doe dan
een tweet of een like bovenin deze forumpagina

Plaats reactie