Cariomyopathy, Thiamin Deficiency, Sleep Apnea...

This forum is intended for international users to help them with the treatment of cardiomyopathy or heart failure.
Corrij (therapeut)
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Corrij (therapeut) » zo feb 25, 2007 8:02 pm

Hi Kevin,

The best way,except the arginine/ornithine is to take the supplements by meal,and two times a day,you can take them at once but I prefer to do it in two times,once in the am&once in the pm.

greetings,
Corrij
Those who do not have enough time for good health,
will not have good health for enough time.

Kevin Guidry
Ervaren met het forum

Bericht door Kevin Guidry » wo mar 07, 2007 1:58 am

Hey Corrij,

I have a question about the Arginine/Ornithine. It comes in several types of mg's. 750mg, 1000mg and perhaps others. Which should I choose?
Regards,

Kevin

Corrij (therapeut)
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Corrij (therapeut) » wo mar 07, 2007 10:59 am

Hi Kevin,

Take the 750 mg and then 3 capsules at the same time before you go to sleep,

greetings,
Corrij

Kevin Guidry
Ervaren met het forum

Bericht door Kevin Guidry » wo mar 07, 2007 9:17 pm

I went to The Vitamin Store today and purchased the following:

L-Arginine/L-Ornithine 500/250mg

They did not have 750mg available so the clerk suggested that this is probably what I was looking for since 500+250=750. It makes sense in some fashion however I just want to confirm that I purchased the correct thing. They had the SOLGAR brand and I recall you guys favorable comments for this brand.
Regards,

Kevin

Corrij (therapeut)
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Corrij (therapeut) » wo mar 07, 2007 9:53 pm

Hi Kevin,

You purchased the right one,and yes Solgar is a excellent brand,

regards,
Corrij

Kevin Guidry
Ervaren met het forum

Bericht door Kevin Guidry » do mar 29, 2007 6:58 am

Hi Corrij,

I'm noticing that I'm having lot's of trouble swallowing. I believe that it's a result of reflux that is burning the bottom of my esophogus.(sp) It seems that the reflux is much worse directly after taking some of the suppliments. More specifically, the Taurine and Acetyl Carnetine (sp) causes the most reflux. Has anyone else complained of this? If so is there a fix. I've been ignoring the pain of swallowing and convincing myself that I must be imagining it. I've come to the conclusion that it's a real situation.

Kevin
Regards,

Kevin

Corrij (therapeut)
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Corrij (therapeut) » do mar 29, 2007 10:21 am

Hello Kevin,

No,I don`t know any people who have these problems with the carnitine or the taurine.

The Alpha-lipioc acid is another story,there are people who have this symptons after taking the alpha-lipioc acid.

You can try to open the capsules alpha lipioc and put it in some yoghurt,to see if the symptons disappear.

If you have a lot of trouble with reflux,you can try d-limone,

A common misconception is that heartburn is caused only by excess stomach acid that regurgitates back up into the esophagus. What few doctors realize is that when the sphincter muscle at the lower end of the esophagus fails to close properly, the result is a reflux of pancreatic enzymes, bile, food, beverages, and acid into the lining of the esophagus.2 Since esophageal tissues are relatively delicate, they are not able to handle the harsh digestive components from the stomach. The result is that victims experience mild to severe pain commonly referred to as heartburn.

Chronic heartburn predisposes people to higher risks of esophageal and other cancers of the upper digestive tract.3,4 Esophageal cancer related to heartburn has become epidemic in the modern world. Failure to protect the esophagus against the damaging components of the stomach significantly increases esophageal cancer risk.

The good news is that recent studies demonstrate that a low-cost orange peel extract (one capsule every other day for 20 days) can relieve heartburn symptoms for up to six months at a time.5

Statistics show that 60 million Americans experience heartburn once a month or more, while 25 million Americans suffer painful heartburn symptoms every day!6 Many more Americans suffer from heartburn without experiencing noticeable symptoms.

Heartburn is the lay word used to describe gastro-esophageal reflux disease (GERD), a condition that occurs when digestive juices, food, and liquids regurgitate from the stomach into the esophagus.2 The cause of GERD is the failure of the sphincter muscle between the stomach and esophagus to close properly. The chronic reflux of harsh digestive juices seen in GERD is an underlying cause of many cancers of the esophagus, larynx, and pharynx.3,4

A Natural Solution
A chemist from Texas suffered painful symptoms of GERD for years and did not like the idea of taking a proton-pump inhibitor drug on a chronic basis. He looked at d-limonene, an extract from the orange peel, as a long-term approach to controlling GERD symptoms. Based on both anecdotal and as yet unpublished clinical research studies, the intake of just one 1000-mg capsule of this purified d-limonene every other day for 20 days has been shown to reduce or eliminate GERD symptoms in most people for six months or longer.5

There is no clearly established mechanism by which d-limonene is so effective. Researchers, however, have speculated that d-limonene works in several ways to eliminate GERD-related pain. Since d-limonene is lighter than water, it floats to the surface of gastric juices in the stomach.

Joe S. Wilkins, the Houston-area scientist who developed this natural approach to heartburn relief, believes that the minor burping that occurs with d-limonene causes this orange peel extract to be directly carried into the esophagus.13 By coating the esophagus, d-limonene may protect the esophagus against caustic contents that would have otherwise been regurgitated from the stomach. D-limonene may promote quicker movement of food and gastric juices out of the stomach so that these esophageal irritants do not promote as much reflux.

D-limonene may also provide a barrier in the stomach and esophagus against bacterial infection.13 It is well established that stomach cancer risk is increased in those infected with the H. pylori bacteria.14 Finally, d-limonene may reduce the amount of gastric juices that reflux (regurgitates) back into the esophagus.13

All of these mechanisms help explain why so many heartburn sufferers find long-term relief by taking just one 1000-mg capsule of d-limonene every other day for only 20 days.

greetings,
Corrij

Kevin Guidry
Ervaren met het forum

Bericht door Kevin Guidry » di apr 03, 2007 12:08 am

Thanks for the info. Last night I had a friend over who also takes a lot of supplements. (He's not a caridac patient however) He informed me that I wasn't eating prior to taking the supplements. Instead I was eating with 30 minutes of taking them. I tried eating within 10 minutes of taking them and the reflux went away. I'll be further testing this theory in the days to come. I ate a few minutes prior to taking them this morning and no reflux.
Regards,

Kevin

Corrij (therapeut)
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Corrij (therapeut) » di apr 03, 2007 1:15 pm

Hi Kevin,

The best way to take supplements is with a meal, except the amino acids.

I believe that the alpha lipioc acid is giving you these problems,so you must take it together with some food,

greetings,
Corrij

Kevin Guidry
Ervaren met het forum

Substantial Improvement

Bericht door Kevin Guidry » ma mei 07, 2007 10:38 pm

I have tried to update this post ongoing so I will try to be short but informative. In May of last year I was diagnosed with 30ef Non-Ischemic Dilated (59cm) Cardiomyopathy. After 6 mos of Coreg 6.25 2x day and Benicar (Blood Pressure) medications my ef got worse. (29ef) Dilation was the same.

At that time, now 6 mos after initial diagnosis, I began this protocol (Thanks to all the nice folks at this website) and I began to supplement substantial Thiamin Deficiency with vitamin B1. Additionally I began CPAP therapy for sleep apnea.

I returned from the Cardiologist a few minutes ago. Tests were run to access my heart and I've learned that my heart has improved substantially. ef 45-50% The doctor was more excited today than he has ever been. He believes that my prognosis is very good. (He's NEVER used an optimistic statement in the past.)

He went on to state that it is possible that in the next 5 years (I believe sooner) that an unrelated Cardiologist may never even realize that I've had a heart condition unless I choose to tell him/her.

I believe that this protocol has made ALL the difference! Well, that's my story for today. I'm a real person and this is a real story. I hope it helps others to know that there is always hope.

Thanks,
Regards,

Kevin

Corrij (therapeut)
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Corrij (therapeut) » ma mei 07, 2007 10:54 pm

WOW KEVIN :D :P :D :P

Congratulations :D

I am very proud of you :D

You make my day,

I am very very glad to get such a great news :D

greetings,
Corrij

Willy
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Willy » di mei 08, 2007 1:53 pm

Kevin thank you for sharing this good news with us.

Thank you also for the trust in our work on CMP

It is fantastic to hear that somebody, somewhere in this World, that is you Kevin, can start a new live and that we could assist you in getting there.
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Willy Witsel

Ben je blij met ons gratis advies doe dan
een tweet of een like bovenin deze forumpagina

Kevin Guidry
Ervaren met het forum

Bericht door Kevin Guidry » di mei 08, 2007 3:21 pm

Yes, I meant to say that the doctor said that my prognosis is "very good". If you can edit that for me it would be great. Once I posted it I could not edit it. Instead I posted another comment right below.
Regards,

Kevin

Kevin Guidry
Ervaren met het forum

Bericht door Kevin Guidry » di mei 08, 2007 3:23 pm

By the way, thank you very much for your kind words. Additionally, thank you for sponsoring this site.
Regards,

Kevin

Willy
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Willy » di mei 08, 2007 3:25 pm

I will correct it!!

Thanks for explanation
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Willy Witsel

Ben je blij met ons gratis advies doe dan
een tweet of een like bovenin deze forumpagina