HELPDESK: Cardiomyopathy (Heart Failure)

This forum is intended for international users to help them with the treatment of cardiomyopathy or heart failure.
z100a
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door z100a » wo jan 05, 2005 10:43 am

hallo floyd
a small tip for you.put a bit of vaseline in your nose and it will solve the bleeding.my husband has the same problem though he does not use blood thinner.
met vriendelijke groeten,

marja

Willy
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Willy » wo jan 05, 2005 1:42 pm

Floyd schreef:Hello Willy,
Still not used to your setup for the forum.. I logged on but could not get into new message that I could send you. I ordered from a company called Now Catalogue from Florida USA, (WWW.Nowcatalog.com). I ordered MSM 1000mg. 240 caps; Acetyl-L-Carnitine 500mg. 100 caps: Co-Q-10 100 mg. 150 veg. caps.
I also ordered a product called Ulcetrol for my Irritable Bowel Syndrom, which has really been acting up in the last week. I am constantly in the bathroom with diahhria or constipation, I lose blood from rectal bleeding and nose bleeds at this time. The rectal bleeding is from fissures and the nose bleeds are from air dryness because of our winter climate. The blood thinner I am on also encourages bleeding. This medication is one I will be on forever I was told, because of heart arrythmia.

Cheers Floyd
Still you managed te post oyur message three times!! :lol: :lol:

I am not sure you ordered the right Q10, are they oil filled capsules, or dry capsules (tablets)

Are you diagnosed with Crohn (I have that) or Colitus? The best thing you can do for this kind of disease is: STOP with eating sugar!! Loo at the labels of products and throw everything away that contains sugar.

It realy makes a difference.

Do you still have arithmia's, if so do you want to do a small test to see if it can be cured?

Willy
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Willy » wo jan 05, 2005 6:59 pm

Floyd try to check via these website is there is a dealer in Canada.

http://www.solgar.com/

http://www.pharmanord.com/

http://www.nowcatalog.com/

Send them an email

They provide quality products.
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Willy Witsel

Ben je blij met ons gratis advies doe dan
een tweet of een like bovenin deze forumpagina

Floyd
Nieuw in dit forum

Bericht door Floyd » za jan 15, 2005 12:08 am

Hello Willy,
I finally am using the MSM, 500mg per day for three days and slowly going to increase to 3000mg per day (2000 in the AM / 1000 in the PM). You are right about the detox effects, tired and headaches. I am laying off the other vitaman supplements I was taking until I hear from you. I was taking Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Sellenium and Flax Seed Oil. You had mentioned if I could skip a meal. How should I take the MSM with food or without?
Kind regards,

Floyd

Willy
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Willy » za jan 15, 2005 7:18 pm

Floyd if you DO NOT have a fluid restriction increase your fluid intake. If you DO HAVE a fluid restriction, slow down on the MSM introduction protocol.

There is not a problem with the other supplements. Vitamin C works synergistic with MSM keep using them.

Take the MSM with food, that is the best way.
Laatst gewijzigd door Willy op di jan 18, 2005 5:17 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.

Willy
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Willy » za jan 15, 2005 7:21 pm

Willy schreef:Do you still have arithmia's, if so do you want to do a small test to see if it can be cured?

Floyd
Nieuw in dit forum

Bericht door Floyd » za jan 22, 2005 10:58 pm

Hello Willy,
Vitamin C doesn't agree with my stomach, very upset stomach and diahrria. I am starting 500 mg of MSM in the AM and 250 mg in the evening as of today. I sure haven't been feeeling great this past week. No enrgy and upset stomach from vitamin C. I also get diahhria from eating oranges. Till I hear from you.
Kind regards,

Floyd

Willy
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Willy » zo jan 23, 2005 11:48 am

Stop with the vitamin C. Move the 250mg MSM to lunch time.

Esther Kisich
Nieuw in dit forum

Bericht door Esther Kisich » di mar 08, 2005 12:30 pm

Dear Willy,

I need guidance regarding the use of CoQ10. Three years ago my son was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy, an enlarged heart with an ejection fraction of 28%. The probable cause was viral. He was put on coreg, spironolactone, lanoxin, and diovan.

The echo cardiograms over the following months showed steady improvement, up to an ejection fraction of 53% in Feb. 04. But recently it has come back down to 25-30%. He has yet to suffer any symptoms. The cardiologist says his body is compensating.

My son is 37, autistic, and lives with his father and me in Southern Californaia, USA. He weighs about 185 and is 6'2". He eats no sugar, but he does use a lot of Splenda. His diet is not restricted, but he usually tries to eat low fat and nearly vegetarian. He takes a vitamin-mineral supplement (Natural Factors Super Multi, Iron Free). He usually has a lot of energy, but he does catch a lot of colds. He has no problem skipping a meal or eating 3 hours later. His blood pressure has always been normal.

My son's cardiologist has no faith in CoQ10, but he said he had no objection if I want to give it to him. Now I need to know the proper dosage, and some good brands that make a vegetarian form of the supplement.

I will be most grateful for your response. Many thanks.

Sincerely,
Esther Kisich
Regards,

Esther

Willy
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Willy » di mar 08, 2005 12:42 pm

Esther thank you for your message.

Q10 is an excellent supplement for the treatment of heart failure, but you can improve the effects by including carnitine and taurine as well.

I use MSM only for those patients who are at risk dying before the treatment of aproximately two years is complete. MSM provides more oxigen transport in the body

Are youy able to buy products from the following manufacurers:

Pharma Nord (Q10), Now (carnitine, taurine) Solgar

Esther Kisich
Nieuw in dit forum

Your reply to my question re: CoQ10

Bericht door Esther Kisich » di mar 08, 2005 9:55 pm

Dear Willy,

I can obtain Solgar products. What are the appropriate dosages of CoQ10 and carnitine? Must CoQ10 be taken with a fatty food if it is within an oil filled capsule?

(I hope this is the proper place to reply to your message. If not, please correct me.)

Thank you.

Esther Kisich
Regards,

Esther

Willy
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Willy » do mar 10, 2005 12:35 pm

Esther thank you you are doing fine!!

In this way I can use therapists working on my web site for help.

Q10 is an excellent supplement for cardiomyopathy, but....................

there are other supplements that are equaly important.

The best dosis during the first two yours is around 200 - 250mg per day for Q10. Oil filled capsules are important! Take Q10 during a meal that contains fat. Absorbtion will improve.

http://utopia.knoware.nl/~wwitsel/main/ ... ure.2.html

For a normal carnitine the daily dose is about 2000mg. If you use acetyl-L-carnitine, the active forum (more expensive) then use 1500mg.

http://utopia.knoware.nl/~wwitsel/main/ ... ure.3.html

http://utopia.knoware.nl/~wwitsel/main/ ... ure.4.html

Taurine is also important in the treatment of cardiomyopathy. Use 1500mg per day from solgar.

http://utopia.knoware.nl/~wwitsel/main/ ... ure.5.html

This is the basic treatment of cardiomyopathy. You can support this treatment with a good multi vitamin (solgar) and extra vitamine E.

I will ask the other participants of this forum to post there story in this discussion.

Gast

Bericht door Gast » do jul 07, 2005 1:15 pm

Hello Willy,

Thanks for your email and support.
• You are diagnosed with? Dilatative cardiomyopathy. Frankly speaking we are here in Kosovo, Prishtina (SE Europe) and we would like to get more info on how one can be diagnozed with dilatative cardiomyopathy. WHAT ARE THE TESTS to be carried out, and also the main symptoms. it would be great to provide the detailed symptoms
• Your current condition
There's imporvements
• Cause of your disease
Not known
• Blood pressure?
Normal 120/80
• Possible nutritional restrictions (salt, water, etc)
No taking salt, water only in small amounts
• Are you using dueretics?
Yer
• Are you using Beta Blockers like Sotalol?
Yes
• Are you frequently tired?
Yes, I always stay at home lying.
• Do you use lots of sugar?
No
• Can you skip a meal or eat three hours later without any problems?
That wouldn't be a problem if it is needed!
Your email adress

kushtrim.sela@bo-tek.com

Cora (therapeut)
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cora (therapeut) » do jul 07, 2005 6:37 pm

Do not be confued Cora = Willy, I am not officially back on the forum after my holiday

Have read your answers and your question

Cardiomyopathy is diagnosed by a cardiologist using echo (sound). They calculate your ejection fraction, how much your haert can pump, max is 60% so if you have 25% you have a health problem

if you have 15% you are on the transplant list.

Check for me is the following products are available is Kosovo

Solgar, NOW and Pharma Nord

Let me introduce Corrij to you, see is the moderator of this forum and at the moment specializing in Heart Failure, so you will see here messages as well.

Thank you for responding so quick.

Cora (therapeut)
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cora (therapeut) » do jul 07, 2005 6:39 pm

How old are you, are you male or female

Plaats reactie