Cariomyopathy, Thiamin Deficiency, Sleep Apnea...

This forum is intended for international users to help them with the treatment of cardiomyopathy or heart failure.
Corrij (therapeut)
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Corrij (therapeut) » di mei 08, 2007 3:30 pm

Hi Kevin,

I have change it :D

greetings,
Corrij
Those who do not have enough time for good health,
will not have good health for enough time.

Kevin Guidry
Ervaren met het forum

Bericht door Kevin Guidry » di mei 15, 2007 3:54 pm

Corrij,

Do you know if Willy is still taking heart medication? Does he still take this complete supplemental protocal? I'm wondering whether I might be able to get off of some of the meds if, like I expect, my heart returns to normal and I make a full recovery.
Regards,

Kevin

Corrij (therapeut)
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Corrij (therapeut) » di mei 15, 2007 9:04 pm

Hi Kevin,

I`m sorry,I don`t know if he`s taking heartmedication,but I know that he`s taking the supplements of the heartprotocol,but the amount is different.

I believe that when your heart returns to normal and there is a full recovery,you can get off of most of the meds :D

I have seen this by my husband,he is recoverd from cardiomyopathy,and he doesn`t use any medicine,he still use the supplements of the protocol.

greetings,
Corrij

Kevin Guidry
Ervaren met het forum

Bericht door Kevin Guidry » di mei 15, 2007 9:22 pm

Thanks Corrij,

I would rather slow the aging process not speed it up yet I almost cannot wait for November to get here. Although I'll be almost a year older I expect that my heart will be normal again when tested during that doctor's visit. The thought of reducing the medicine and supplements is a great thought. The cost reduction in my budget alone, will be a relief.

Thanks for you prompt response.
Regards,

Kevin

Kevin Guidry
Ervaren met het forum

Bericht door Kevin Guidry » wo mei 30, 2007 5:56 pm

Corrij,

My GP tested my Lipids and found that my good Cholesterol is too low. Also, I've something else that is too high. It's not the bad Cholesterol but someting related. He suggests that I start on Fish Oil tabs apprx. 4000mg per day. In addition he recommends diet and excercise. Is it ok to add the fish oil to my protocol? I do not want it to have any adverse effect.
Regards,

Kevin

Corrij (therapeut)
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Corrij (therapeut) » wo mei 30, 2007 6:07 pm

Hi Kevin,

Could it be the triglyceriden thats too high?

In that case is fish oil the right choice,be sure that you only buy omega 3 not 6 or 9.

The amount of 4000 mg is oke.
Do you exercise enough?For example a daily walk(45 minutes)

greetings
Corrij

p.s.Is it possible to write the tested lipids on the forum so I can take a look at it?

Kevin Guidry
Ervaren met het forum

Bericht door Kevin Guidry » wo mei 30, 2007 7:49 pm

Corrij.

Please find the comments from my Doctor below. This is my most recent test taken last week.
----------------------------------------------------------
Your thiamine level still looks great.

VITAMIN B1 SEE COMMENT
VITAMIN B1: 3.6
Reference Range: 1.2-4.0 ug/dL

You B6 level though is a little high.

VITAMIN B6 SEE COMMENT
VITAMIN B6: 232 H
Reference Range: 18-175 nmol/L

Are you taking any extra B6? If so, I would cut back on it because too much supplemental B6 can cause neuropathy .

As for the lipids, the triglycerides were not so hot.

CHOLESTEROL 192 mg/dL 140-199
TRIGLYCERIDES [H] 262 mg/dL 0-150
HDL CHOLESTEROL [L] 32 mg/dL 40-135
LDL CHOLESTEROL 108 mg/dL

Your HDL good cholesterol was too low as well. Work on increased exercise, weight loss and reduction of dietary fats and sweets. Increase your fiber intake. We should recheck lipids in the next 3-6 months and talk about medications if not getting better. In the meantime, over the counter fish oil, up to 4000 mg daily, can help.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding my B6 level, in June of 06 my B6 was tested by another doctor and determined to be "Critically High" whatever that means. The result was:

Vitamin B6 10.8 ug/L Critically High (range = 0.2 - 2.5)

I may have been taking a mutli-B vitamin that made it so high but I cannot remember. It doesn't appear to be as high in the lastest test. Most recently I was taking a Taurine product that had Vitamin B6 included however I did not know this. I checked all the bottles when I recieved the most recent blood test results and found it.

Kevin
Regards,

Kevin

Corrij (therapeut)
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Corrij (therapeut) » wo mei 30, 2007 10:23 pm

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your quick answer :D

Youre triglycerides are 2.96 mmol/l.
We like to see it at the most 2 mmol/l so yours is too high and we always recommend fish oil,youre doctor suggested the right thing to do :D

Exercise
weight loss(are you overweight?)
and reduction of dietary fats and sweets
A lot of fibers

Try to find a taurine without vitamin B6, if you buy taurine the only ingredient should be taurine and nothing else.
Do you use a multivitamin?

greetings,
Corrij

Kevin Guidry
Ervaren met het forum

Bericht door Kevin Guidry » wo mei 30, 2007 11:38 pm

Corrij,

Thank you for responding so quickly. I will answer your questions.

"are you overweight?"

I'm about 30 pounds overweight.

"Do you use a multivitamin?"

No I do not use a multivitamin. Also, I did not intend to purchase Taurine with vitamin B6. The front of the container made no mention of anything but Taurine in very large letters. When I read the back I noticed that it contained B6. I returned it to the store and got just Taurine this time.
Regards,

Kevin

Corrij (therapeut)
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Corrij (therapeut) » do mei 31, 2007 10:58 am

Hi Kevin,

What do you know about slow carbs?

http://www.nutritiondata.com/topics/glycemic-index

If your eating slow carbs youre loosing weight and it is much healthier for you,

greetings,
Corrij

Corrij (therapeut)
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Corrij (therapeut) » do jun 21, 2007 9:12 pm

Hi Kevin,

Can you give me a update, I really want to know how youre doing?
Have you try the slow carb diet yet?

greetings,
Corrij

Kevin Guidry
Ervaren met het forum

Bericht door Kevin Guidry » do jun 21, 2007 10:34 pm

Hi Corrij,

I'm sorry I haven't responded to your slow carb diet post. I didn't get it until a moment ago. I have not read it yet but hope too soon. As you my have guessed I haven't tried it yet either. Diets are so hard for me.

Otherwise, I'm doing fine. I do not go back to the Cardiologist until November. I used to go every 3 mos but since I did so well for the last checkup he changed my frequency to every 6 months.

Kevin
Regards,

Kevin

Corrij (therapeut)
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Corrij (therapeut) » vr jun 22, 2007 1:08 pm

Hi Kevin,

Please try to change your way of eating, it isn`t a real diet it is a different way of eating.
Youre heart will be thankfull :D

greetings,
Corrij

Corrij (therapeut)
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Corrij (therapeut) » di aug 14, 2007 8:20 pm

Hi Kevin,

How are things?

Have you lost some weight?

I am sorry but I keep asking :D

greetings,
Corrij

Kevin Guidry
Ervaren met het forum

Bericht door Kevin Guidry » di aug 14, 2007 9:54 pm

Hey Corrij,

I haven't lost much weight, only about 3 lbs. I'm going to the gym every day and working out on the cross country skiing machine for about an hour. Truthfully, I'm just getting serious again about losing the weight. Also, I play on a Tennis Team and recently we won our division and took second place at the city finals. At times I play 3 sets of competative tennis without a break. (The temp in Atlanta, GA has been exceeding 100 degrees.) When I'm not practicing I play for enjoyement at least 3 times a week. (I don't play in the hot sun when I have a choice.)

Regarding my heart, all seems ok I guess. I've a few things going on like I still feel tired from time to time. I have some issues getting motivated. (I suppose the coreg and/or blood pressure meds could be causing this.) My friends say that it's normal and is probably unrelated to my heart condition. I suspect that it is possible. I don't really think about it a whole lot, I just live my life. All things considered I suspect that I'm still improving. I'll know for sure when I go back for my scheduled doctor's visit in November.

I have also had bouts with generalized anxiety and suspect that it may have something to do with the improvement. (About 25 years ago I had a very high anxiety level too.) Over the years I've learned to manage the stress or so I thought. Now I'm wondering if it was my failing heart that managed my stress level for me.

Oh, I've mentioned this website on a yahoo cardiomyopathy group recently. You may get some inquiries as a result. Thanks for following up.
Regards,

Kevin

Plaats reactie