Peripartum Cardiomyopathy

This forum is intended for international users to help them with the treatment of cardiomyopathy or heart failure.
Plaats reactie
Teresa
Nieuw in dit forum

Peripartum Cardiomyopathy

Bericht door Teresa » vr aug 11, 2006 8:35 am

You are diagnosed with?

peripartum cardiomyopathy on June 10 or 11, 2006. I was hospitalized during pregnancy because of high blood pressure (144/110) and high heart rate (160bpm). (I have historically had consistently low blood pressure.) I was checked for toxemia, but the tests were negative. I had an EKG and echo. The EKG was normal, but echo showed EF of 25%.

Your current condition

I feel quite well, but tired. If I didn't know I had CM, I would just think I was tired from having a baby. I do NOT get winded easily. I am in a cardiac rehab/exercise program. (I was on bedrest for 2 1/2 months before delivery for a problem unrelated to the cardiomyopathy, so was pretty out of shape!) I now can do 25 minutes on tread mill along with 12 minutes on recumbent stepper now, after only a few visits.
I received good news today that my BMP (basic metabolic blood panel) was 14!! It was about 750 in the hospital around time of delivery, 28 about 3-4 weeks after and now completely normal. I'm hoping that my echo on Monday will show some improvement in my EF.

Ejection Fraction 20-30% (my left ventricle is about 60mm) My last echo cardiogram was about 5 weeks ago.

Cause of your disease unknown, but was diagnosed during pregnancy about 6/10/06.

Blood pressure? Now with medication I run 90/60--recently I've been running lower at times. My betablocker med. has been reduced.

Possible nutritional restrictions (salt, water, etc) Low salt

Are you using dueretics? No

Are you using Beta Blockers like Sotalol?
All my meds are:
Coreg. 6.25mg--2x day
Enalapril 2.5 mg. 1x day (ACE inhibitor)
Digoxin .25 mg. 1x day
Asprin 1 / day
Potassium 20 mg. 1x day
Are you frequently tired? Yes, but I also have a newborn that keeps me awake some at night!

Do you use lots of sugar? No.

Can you skip a meal or eat three hours later without any problems? No

NOTES: I'm taking these supplements daily:

200-400mg / day of CoQ10
1 tablespoon flax and borage oil
4 tabllspoons glyconutrients (Abrotose from Mannatech)
500 mg L-Carnitine
200 mcg Selenium
200 mct Chromium
400 IU Vitamin E
1000 mg Taurine
B Complex

Thank you so very much for your service!!!

I have three children and want very much to get well and raise them as they should be!!!
Regards

Teresa

Corrij (therapeut)
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Corrij (therapeut) » di aug 15, 2006 4:49 pm

Hello Teresa,

First of all, welcome to this forum. I apologise for my late reaction, but I was on holiday.
Do you want to try and improve your health by using supplements?
I read that you had a scan last Monday. Was there an improvement in your EF?

With this protocol we always start with:

Chromium GTF 2 x 200 mcg
MSM 3 x a day 1000mg

Chromium plays a very important part with the prevention of cardio vascular disease. It lowers cholesterol and the triglyceride level of the blood, furthermore
women who just gave birth have a high chance of chromium deficiency. After every pregnancy a woman can loose about 50% of her body's supply in chromium.

MSM transports oxygen and is detoxifying that's why it is important to build it up slowly. Start with 500 mg a day, if you feel ok you can increase the dosage by 500 mg a week until you are at the dosage of 3000 mg.

regards,

Corrij
Those who do not have enough time for good health,
will not have good health for enough time.

Teresa
Nieuw in dit forum

Bericht door Teresa » wo aug 16, 2006 8:30 am

Thanks for your reply. I understand about your holiday. Everyone needs a break!

Yes, I'm interested in using supplements. I'm already taking chromium, but not GTF. I'll need to get some MSM that I can take. Do I take these two with food or not? Did you see the list of supplements I'm currently taking in my post? Would you recommend discontinuing what I'm already doing? I'm a little leary of that. It seems to be helping.

I did have me echo on Monday and received good news. My EF was about 42%--up from about 25%! My left ventricle was down in size, too. I'm very thankful. A lot of people have been praying for me.

Thanks,

Teresa

Corrij (therapeut)
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Corrij (therapeut) » wo aug 16, 2006 9:42 am

Hello teresa,

Youre right,the supplements as we recommend are,

Q10- 200 mg a day
Taurine -1500 mg a day
alpha-lipoic acid-200 mg a day
Vitamin C - 3000 mg a day
Magnesium glycinate - 200 mg a day
Arginie/ornithine - 3 capsules a day
L-Carnitine 1500 mg a day
Vitamine E 500 IE a day

It would be best to take the carnitine and the taurine
separately on a empty stomach.
The other supplements you can take with food.
When you order new chromium be sure that it is GTF

http://www.candida-fibromyalgie-hypogly ... php?t=3607

http://www.candida-fibromyalgie-hypogly ... php?t=3629

http://www.candida-fibromyalgie-hypogly ... php?t=3627

http://www.candida-fibromyalgie-hypogly ... php?t=3615

http://www.candida-fibromyalgie-hypogly ... php?t=3612

For instance the carnitine half an hour before breakfast or two hours after breakfast

The taurine half an hour before lunch or diner. or two hours after
This is to get an as big as possible effect.

The arginine/ornithine at night before you going to sleep.

I am very glad you received such a good news,EF 42%,you must feel great :D

If you still have any questions don’t hesitate to ask,

regards,Corrij

Teresa
Nieuw in dit forum

Bericht door Teresa » wo aug 16, 2006 2:58 pm

Thank you!

So you think I should just add MSM to what I'm doing and adjust doses to your recommended doses?

I'm very happy about my EF being up! Now I am aiming for full recovery!

Best,

Teresa

Corrij (therapeut)
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Corrij (therapeut) » do aug 17, 2006 2:20 pm

Hello Teresa,

Yes I would definitely add the MSM.

With the answers you gave to the questions you say that you are not able to skip a meal. I'd like to explore that a bit further because we have the idea that you might have hyperinsular.
Now you probably wonder what that is. It is a disorder of your metabolism, which means that your insulin levels in the blood are chronically high.
The pancreas has to produce more insulin to correct the glucose level in the blood, consequently the insulin level in the blood increases.

If you carry more weight around your waist, if you are always hungry especially after a meal and if you're tired often then you probably suffer with hyperinsular.
Other complaints can be sleep disorders, problems of the joints, tiredness, emotional instability, chronic infections and concentration disorders.
Do you recognise any of these symptoms?

It's quite difficult to gage your blood pressure because you use medication. Do you happen to have recent blood tests?
What we would be looking at is heightened total cholesterol
Heightened LDL cholesterol
Heightened triglycerides

It's very important for you to get enough chromium, if you indeed suffer with hyperinsular then we'll have to adapt your eating pattern.
Do you use a lot of refined products like sugar, white flour, biscuits, sweets, soft or fizzy drinks, etc..
Is there in your family a history of diabetes?

I'll wait for your reply,

Regards,
Corrij

Plaats reactie