Idiopathic Cardiomyopathy

This forum is intended for international users to help them with the treatment of cardiomyopathy or heart failure.
Plaats reactie
Mark Horvat
Nieuw in dit forum

Idiopathic Cardiomyopathy

Bericht door Mark Horvat » vr mei 19, 2006 2:29 pm

Hi,
My name is Mark and i'm 34 years of age. I was diagnosed with Idiopathic Cardiomyopathy in August/September last year (2005). My EF was 37%, LV Diastole was 61mm and a Left bundle branch block. 6-8 months ago i was experiencing palputations that where making me dizzie with every single palputation.(i believe they call this Arrythmias). They don't know what caused it, however my cardioligist seems to think it could have been a viral infection that i had picked somewhere. Blood pressure was 130 systolic. My cardioligist has increased my medication over the last 8 months to 10mg of Tritace and 95mg of Toprol(last 2 months).
Since December last year i have been taking the following supplements;

3-5 grams of vitamin C with 2-3 grams of Lysine
Vitamin B Complex
2grams initially of Aceytl-l-carnitne and have now changed to 2-3grams of Propionyl L -Carnitine
300mg of CoQ10 Veg. Capsule
2-3grams of L-Taurine
450mg Norman Berry
Fish Oil tablets
About 2 months ago i had a repeat echo cardiogram with the following results;
My EF is now 53%
My LV Diastole was 59mm
My palputations are very infrequent, however that other day (the first time in months) i had a palputation that lasted for about 2.5 seconds i would estimate, this time however it did not make me dizzie. Infact i felt a tingling feeling around my temples, i hope this is a sign that those paputations are getting better, i feel that it is. I can skip meals, i have in the past 6 months reduced the amount of sugar i use even though that has increased in the last 3 weeks. I have energy and do exercise on a regular basis.
Can you please suggest anything else i would need to change or use to follow this supplement protocol. From the information above, what are your thoughts regarding my condition? Do i need to take Magnesium for Arrythmias?

My email address is mark@serenit.com.au

Cheers and thank you for your time.
Regards

Mark

Willy
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Willy » vr mei 19, 2006 2:42 pm

Welcome on this forum Mark

I wil inform Corrij that you are nwe here

She will help you
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Willy Witsel

Ben je blij met ons gratis advies doe dan
een tweet of een like bovenin deze forumpagina

Corrij (therapeut)
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Corrij (therapeut) » vr mei 19, 2006 5:18 pm

Hello Mark,

First of all, welcome to this forum. :D

You are already taking quite a lot of supplements and of some of them the amount is a bit much.
Vitamin C is fine like this.
Acetyl-Carnitine, 2000 mg should be enough.
Taurine you take double the amount, 1500 mg really is enough.
Q10 is also a bit much, 200 mg is enough.

You could add the following:
Alpha-Lipon acid 2x 100 mg a day
Arginine/Ornithine 3 capsules a day.

Carnitine, Taurine and Arginine/Ornithine are amino acids from different groups.
That means that you can't take them at the same time and always on an empty stomach.

For instance, the Carnitine 1/2 an hour before breakfast or 2 hours after, daily dosage in one
The Taurine 1/2 an hour before lunch or 2 hours after, also full daily dosage
the arginine/ornithine before going to bed
This way you profit the most from them

For your arrhythmia you can try eating a few bananas a day, they contain a lot of potassium, and lack of potassium could be a cause of the arrhythmia.
I think it's great that your EF increased from 37% to 53%.
60% is normal so you might not be far of being cured, very good.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask, I'm happy to answer.

Regards,

Corrij
Those who do not have enough time for good health,
will not have good health for enough time.

Mark Horvat
Nieuw in dit forum

A few questions and a big thank you for answering so promptl

Bericht door Mark Horvat » ma mei 22, 2006 4:15 am

Hi Corrij,
Let me first begin to say a big thank you for running a service like this and i would be more then willing to give a donation for a service like this. When i was first diagnosed with Cardiomyopathy(a few hospital visits) i was in total shock and felt as if i was very much alone. However as the months went by, i became stronger mentally and started to look for natural cures. Believe it or not through my research i stumbled among amino acids that were needed for a healthy heart and so on. However, when i came across your site....i couldn't beleive it, it was a fantastic feeling. So well done on this amazing service.

Questions
1.) I've read through your forums regarding coq10 that it is better to take the softgel tablets then the vegetable tablets,(your body seems to absorbe more) is this correct?
2.) I'm not on Acetyl-l-carnitine(i used this when i first started 3months), i am now using Propionyl L-carnitne, is this okay?
3.) Regarding Arrythmias, i will try eating more bananas, should i take magnesium for Arrythmias?(Keep in mind that these palputations are now very infrequent...however it scares me when i do have one. Good news is that they don't make me dizzie anymore.
4.) Do you know whether or not Tritace contains Potassium?
5.) Last question, my LV size is still 3mm more then what it should be(LV=59mm), how long by your experience will this take to come down, or will it ever come down?

Thank you so much for your time once again
Cheers
Regards

Mark

Corrij (therapeut)
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Corrij (therapeut) » ma mei 22, 2006 9:13 pm

hello Mark,

Thanks for your nice words and compliments,
here are the answers to your questions,

1.Yes, the best thing you can buy is the Q10 in capsules

2. You can take 2x 100 mg magnesium glycinate for your arrhythmia. the cause can be a lack of potassium, or (also too much) magnesium.
Have you recently had a blood test? Your potassium should be around 5 moll/l.

3.Tritace is an ace inhibitor which lowers the blood pressure.Usually they try diuretics, but if that doesn't work they use ace-inhibitors and beta blockers.
Often they use this with people that have a stable type of illness to the blood vessels of the heart.

4.Tritace contains no potassium

5.I'm quite sure it will become its normal size, but it's difficult to say how long it will take, certainly not years.

Regards,
Corrij
Those who do not have enough time for good health,
will not have good health for enough time.

Plaats reactie