New Diagnoses

This forum is intended for international users to help them with the treatment of cardiomyopathy or heart failure.
Plaats reactie
Bruce
Nieuw in dit forum

New Diagnoses

Bericht door Bruce » di feb 21, 2006 5:08 pm

Hello,

I am Bruce D from NJ USA. Recently I have been diagnosed with Dilated Cardiomyopathy with no cause known. I have also been cardiac cath'd and found to have no coronary artery disease. I am 46, 6'4'' tall and 250 lbs.
My recent cardio cath indicated a EF of 20. Still with A Fib

My current vitamins and medications are as follows

CO Q10 300 a day
Taurine
Lysine
L Carnitine
Garlic
Mens Multi
Chromium
Flax oil
Fish oil
Ester C

My current meds are
Tricor 145mg
Toprol 25
Digoxin 250mcg
Coumadin5mg

Can you please direct me as towhat you feel I should stop taking and continue with as far as the supplements go>

Thank You,
Bruce
Regards,

Bruce

Corrij (therapeut)
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Corrij (therapeut) » di feb 21, 2006 5:59 pm

hello Bruce,

First of all, welcome to this forum.
Do you think your cardiologist would mind you using supplements to improve your health?
And could you find out if you can get the supplements by the makes of Solgar or Pharma Nord or Now?

I would appreciate it if you can answer the following questions. I know you already gave Willy some answers, but we always start by answering some questions so we get a more complete picture.

How did you notice you had it?
When was this?
What is the cause of it, according to the cardiologist?
What is your EJF %, pump function?
How is your blood pressure, how high was it without medication and how high is it now?
What was your heart rate before and after the present medication?
Did they examine whether your veins (neck or groin) let enough blood flow?
Do you suffer with decomposition or swollen ankles?
Are there certain things at the moment you can’t do anymore?
Can you still climb the stairs for instance?
Or do you still do sports?
How does the cardiologist call your illness?
Do you suffer from allergies or have an intolerance to food or medicines?
Do you get tired quickly?
Do you eat a lot of sugar?
After some exertion , do you quickly get short of breath?

Do you also suffer with cardiac arrhythmia?
If this is so then there is a special test you can do to see if you have a shortage of potassium, this is often a cause of the problem.
You can see if this is the case with you by eating 4 or 5 ripe bananas a day. If you have cardiac arrhythmia and it gets less by eating the bananas then we can always proceed to taking potassium tablets.

At this moment I suggest stop taking your supplements your taking at this moment,we will added them in a later stage.

I suggest that you start with 200mcg Chromium GFT, you can start this without a problem.
MSM, the final dosage is 3000 mg but we’ll build it up slowly, I suggest 500 mg for the first few days, If this goes well then 500 extra untill you are at the 3000 mg.
You have to build it up slowly because MSM detoxifies and it can cause headache, diarrhoea or tiredness.
Msm and chromium are not a part of the heart failure protocol but they are meant to give you more energy.

Furthermore I would like to advice you to start with acetyl L-Carnitine 3x 500 mg a day.

The link below gives you more info on L-Carnitine

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/quer ... t=Abstract

Kind regards,
Corrij
Those who do not have enough time for good health,
will not have good health for enough time.

Bruce
Nieuw in dit forum

Bericht door Bruce » vr feb 24, 2006 8:30 pm

Corrij (therapeut i.o.) schreef:hello Bruce,

First of all, welcome to this forum.
Do you think your cardiologist would mind you using supplements to improve your health?
And could you find out if you can get the supplements by the makes of Solgar or Pharma Nord or Now?

I would appreciate it if you can answer the following questions. I know you already gave Willy some answers, but we always start by answering some questions so we get a more complete picture.

How did you notice you had it? <Breathlessness was a hint but after telling my doctor about it he ordered the EKG which indicated Atrial Fib.
I was sent to a cardiologist who did a nuclear stress test and echocardiagram that indicated dilated cardiomyopathy, a cardiac catherization showed no coronary artery disease.

When was this? Feb 10 2006

What is the cause of it, according to the cardiologist? No known causes. I am a large man (6'4'' 250 lbs, former college football player and have stayed active since)
What is your EJF %, pump function? Echocardiogram indicated EF at 30 and Cardiac Catherization one week later indicated 20.

How is your blood pressure, how high was it without medication and how high is it now? My blood pressure was normal before medications and slightly lower now.
What was your heart rate before and after the present medication? The Stress test measured my heartbeat at 160 bpm.
Did they examine whether your veins (neck or groin) let enough blood flow? No.
Do you suffer with decomposition or swollen ankles? No.
Are there certain things at the moment you can’t do anymore? Ive been ordered not to partake in team sports such as basketball and to avoid heavy lifting.

Can you still climb the stairs for instance? Yes, I climb many steps each day at work and home.

Or do you still do sports? No.
How does the cardiologist call your illness? We are seeing a new cardiologist on Monday, the other called it Dilated Cardiomyopathy with no known cause.
Do you suffer from allergies or have an intolerance to food or medicines?No.
Do you get tired quickly? Yes, much quicker then in my previous years.
Do you eat a lot of sugar? No.
After some exertion , do you quickly get short of breath? Yes.

Do you also suffer with cardiac arrhythmia? Atrial Fibrillation.
If this is so then there is a special test you can do to see if you have a shortage of potassium, this is often a cause of the problem.
You can see if this is the case with you by eating 4 or 5 ripe bananas a day. If you have cardiac arrhythmia and it gets less by eating the bananas then we can always proceed to taking potassium tablets. I will try the test.

At this moment I suggest stop taking your supplements your taking at this moment,we will added them in a later stage.

I suggest that you start with 200mcg Chromium GFT, you can start this without a problem.
MSM, the final dosage is 3000 mg but we’ll build it up slowly, I suggest 500 mg for the first few days, If this goes well then 500 extra untill you are at the 3000 mg.
You have to build it up slowly because MSM detoxifies and it can cause headache, diarrhoea or tiredness.
Msm and chromium are not a part of the heart failure protocol but they are meant to give you more energy.

Furthermore I would like to advice you to start with acetyl L-Carnitine 3x 500 mg a day.

The link below gives you more info on L-Carnitine

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/quer ... t=Abstract

Kind regards,
Corrij
Thank you for the advise is there a reason why to stop the other supplements?

Bruce in NJ.
Regards,

Bruce

Corrij (therapeut)
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Corrij (therapeut) » vr feb 24, 2006 9:42 pm

Hi Bruce,

Thank you for responding so quickly.
Al the people on the forum follow a protocol,we start always with a few supplements so we can see how you reaktion is,some of the supplements you`re taking we will added on a later stage and others we don`t added at all.

greetings,Corrij

Bruce
Nieuw in dit forum

Bericht door Bruce » za feb 25, 2006 11:50 pm

Corrij (therapeut i.o.) schreef:Hi Bruce,

Thank you for responding so quickly.
Al the people on the forum follow a protocol,we start always with a few supplements so we can see how you reaktion is,some of the supplements you`re taking we will added on a later stage and others we don`t added at all.

greetings,Corrij
Ok, I am with you all the way.. The doses that you recommended are
200 mcg. Chrom
MSM 500 to start and add to you are taking 3000 a day
Acetyl L Carnitine 500 3xday
Currently I am at those doses with no reactions..

I am feeling good and spent the day chopping down an apple tree that died.. Have a good weekend.

Bruce
Regards,

Bruce

Corrij (therapeut)
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Corrij (therapeut) » ma mar 13, 2006 1:08 pm

Hi Bruce,

Can you let me know how you are doing?And I mean with the MSM,

kind regards,Corrij

Gast

Bericht door Gast » vr mar 17, 2006 3:53 pm

Corrij (therapeut i.o.) schreef:Hi Bruce,

Can you let me know how you are doing?And I mean with the MSM,

kind regards,Corrij
Hi Corrij,

This is Bruce's wife, Donna. Bruce is doing ok, he is taking your suggested vitamin/supplement protocol and seems to be maintaining his strength. He works full time and has a moderate/high level stress job.

We saw the cardiologist yesterday who had no new information for us.
He said Bruce's heart performed ok during the holter monitor testing and that he was keeping Bruce on the same meds for a while longer. Bruce's blood pressure is good and by nature he has a optimistic personality though I know this condition and the ramifications of it weigh heavily on his mind.

Have a nice day Corrig,

Donna (Bruce's wife)

Plaats reactie