idiopathic cardiomyopathy

This forum is intended for international users to help them with the treatment of cardiomyopathy or heart failure.
Plaats reactie
Richard Welk
Nieuw in dit forum

idiopathic cardiomyopathy

Bericht door Richard Welk » wo nov 23, 2005 3:27 am

My name is Richard Welk and I am a 52 year old truck driver from East Haddam connecticut. In December of 2002 I had a maze procedure to correct a arthymia problem, and as a result of the operation I now have idiopathic cardiomyopathy. I have an ejection fraction of 20% and take 12.5 mg of coreg twice a day which has not improved since the operation. I am a NYHA category 1 and am basically non symptomatic. I work as much as ten hours a day sometimes six days a week. I will sometimes take a dieretic but only as needed as I DO NOT believe in these drugs. AS a matter of fact I do not believe in drugs of any kind so I am constantly at odds with my doctors. I also presently take 16 grams of vitamin c a day as I have studied Linus Paulings theorys of heart failure. Everybody looks at me, including my doctors and say you look pretty good. But they do not know how I feel. I used to run and swim and scuba dive. I do not do this any more. All my blood work and tests all come back alright so nothing appears to be the problem. I have also taken coq10 in excess of 300 mg with mixed results, sometimes I will feel better but most times I will not. I just do not understand why I can not get better and why my doctors can not fix me. I sincerely believe that the answers ly outside the scope of thier collective practices and they are not willing to venture there. I also sincerely believe sickness is a big buisness and they( my doctors) do not want me to get better as it would mean a loss of revenue. And so I suffer in silence. The answers lie outside the protection of conventional medicine, outside the circle, outside the grasp of big buisness where the only agenda is to make people, human beings, well.

Sincerely,

Richard Welk :(
after a maze procedure I developed idiopathic cardiomyopathy. I have an ejection fraction of 20% and take 12.5 mg of coreg twice a day. I am classified a nyha 1. I also presently take 16 grams of vitamin c a day.

Corrij (therapeut)
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Corrij (therapeut) » wo nov 23, 2005 6:46 pm

Hello Richard,

First of all, welcome to this forum.
Do you think your cardiologist would mind you using supplements to improve your health?
And could you find out if you can get the supplements by the makes of Solgar or Pharma Nord or Now?

I would appreciate it if you can answer the following questions. I know you already gave me some answers, but we always start by answering some questions so we get a more complete picture.

How did you notice you had it?
When was this?
What is the cause of it, according to the cardiologist?
What is your EJF %, pump function?
How is your blood pressure, how high was it without medication and how high is it now?
What was your heart rate before and after the present medication?
Did they examine whether your veins (neck or groin) let enough blood flow?
Do you suffer with decomposition or swollen ankles?
Are there certain things at the moment you can’t do anymore?
Can you still climb the stairs for instance?
Or do you still do sports?
How does the cardiologist call your illness?
Do you suffer from allergies or have an intolerance to food or medicines?
Do you get tired quickly?
Do you eat a lot of sugar?
After some exertion , do you quickly get short of breath?

Best regards,

Corrij
Those who do not have enough time for good health,
will not have good health for enough time.

Willy
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Willy » wo nov 23, 2005 11:16 pm

Richard

IT WORKED!!!!

Great to have you on the Forum.
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Willy Witsel

Ben je blij met ons gratis advies doe dan
een tweet of een like bovenin deze forumpagina

Corrij (therapeut)
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Corrij (therapeut) » ma nov 28, 2005 10:37 pm

Hi Corrij, After I had open heart surgery in December 2002 my heart muscle never got stronger. I had an irregular heart beat that was not in sinus rythm. The operation returned my heart beat to a normal rythm, but it never got stronger. Since December of 2002 my ejection fraction has been 20% and my cardiologist checks it twice a year. It has not improved. At present I have seen the best cardiologists in the United States and they Do Not Know Why my heart has not returned to normal function. I take 12.5 mg of coreg not so much for my blood pressure but to help my heart work easier. My blood pressure has never been high and at present it is 130/74. My heart rate on the other has been as high as 156bpm. It commonly runs over 100 bpm at rest which I donot like. I have absolutely no blockage in my veins and this has been painfully checked three times. Very rarely do I have swollen ankles, and when I do it always follows a bout with a cold or the flu. I attribute this to the added stress my body is under. Thank You....Richard

after a maze procedure I developed idiopathic cardiomyopathy. I have an ejection fraction of 20% and take 12.5 mg of coreg twice a day. I am classified a nyha 1. I also presently take 16 grams of vitamin c a day.

Corrij (therapeut)
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Corrij (therapeut) » ma nov 28, 2005 10:39 pm

Hi Richard,

Being NYHA 1 classified means that you do suffer with heart failure, but you are without symptoms,
you’re in the first phase, and we have to keep it like this. Even better, with the help of the supplements we have to
make sure you get better.

Is it easy for you to get supplements? :P

Greetings,

Corrij

Corrij (therapeut)
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Corrij (therapeut) » di nov 29, 2005 11:50 am

Hi Corrij, I have no problem getting supplements, and over the corse of my illness have taken many. I did not see many , if any results. My problem is I will not take a medicine or supplement if it does not prove results. I realize improvement does not happen overnight. I give myself a two month period to see some improvement no matter how slight. If at the end of two months nothing happens, I stop what ever regiment I was on and try something else. I have tried vitamin e, calcium, lysine, selinium,l-proline, and a product called tower heart technology based on Linus Paulings theorys..........with no results. Wether I take the supplements or not I still feel the same. Everything I take is based on scientific research, not hearsay or sales or propaganda. And I have been trying for three years with little or no improvement. I read pages and pages of testamonials of people who swear by the very same supplements that do not work for me. But I keep trying.......Rich

Corrij (therapeut)
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Corrij (therapeut) » di nov 29, 2005 11:57 am

Hi Richard,

You don`t give me much time,two months is to short :-?

I would like to start with three supplements:I suggest that you start with 400mcg Chromium GFT, you can start this without a problem.
MSM, the final dosage is 3000 mg but we’ll build it up slowly, I suggest 500 mg for the first few days, If this goes well then 500 extra untill you are at the 3000 mg.
You have to build it up slowly because MSM detoxifies and it can cause headache, diarrhoea or tiredness.
Msm and chromium are not a part of the heart failure protocol but they are meant to give you more energy.

Furthermore I would like to advice you to start with acetyl L-Carnitine 3x 500 mg a day.

The link below gives you more info on L-Carnitine

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/quer ... t=Abstract

Kind regards,
Corrij

Richard Welk
Nieuw in dit forum

Bericht door Richard Welk » za dec 03, 2005 3:10 am

Hi Corrij, Thank You so much for your help. I will try the supplements as soon as possible and keep you informed of thier results. I was in the hospital 30 November with a virus. I am very afraid of viruses as I am told this is how I originally got heart problems. But I keep trying. Thank you again.........Rich :( :(

Corrij (therapeut)
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Corrij (therapeut) » zo dec 04, 2005 3:44 pm

Hello Richard,

I hope you haven’t been feeling too ill?

Idiopathic means, cause unknown. here in the Netherlands it is also used quite a lot, you have an idiopathic cardio myopathy.One of the causes can indeed have been a virus, but this can’t usually be retrieved.

Have you been abroad often?

A virus like that can be dormant for years before you get any complaints.

I wouldn’t waste too much energy on this because you probably will never find out, and Richard here we say, fear is a bad counsellor.

Too much brooding and worrying is very bad for you heart. 99% of our worries are about things that might happen.

Try to see the positive, :P

Greetings,

Corrij

Richard Welk
Nieuw in dit forum

new protocol

Bericht door Richard Welk » wo jan 18, 2006 2:26 am

Hi Corrij, Sorry it has taken so long to get back to you but I wanted to make sure I knew what I was talking about. The first week on the supplements I felt great. My energy levels increased and my mood improved. But most importantly, my mind cleared and my memory got better. Once again I attribute this to the increase in energy. But by the following Monday I was not feeling as well, and by Thursday I was beggining to feel as before. This is the exact same results I got when I first tried coq10. The first week was amazing and I thought to myself I am finally getting better. But after that things just returned to the way they were before. I kept increasing my dosage, but to no avail. This is also the same results I got with coreg. The first week out of the hospital I actually felt better than I do now, But then things returned to the way they were before. I told my cardiologist about my new supplements and he said I was wasteing my money. I am still trying.....Rich :( :( :(

Corrij (therapeut)
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Corrij (therapeut) » wo jan 18, 2006 5:05 pm

Hello Richard,

Glad to hear from you, although a bit more optimistic news would have been nicer. Do you
want to continue the supplements?
On the Dutch forum are also people who need more time getting started, not everyone reacts
the same. This cardiomyopathy did not develop within three months, it can have been there for years before
you get complaints.
I personally think it's too soon to say if this does something for you or not.
Richard whatever you decide you want to do I'll respect that. If you want to continue for a bit longer
can you post a list of the supplements and regular medicines you are currently using on the forum so I can
have a look at it?
What brand of Q10 do you use?If I am right you didn`t use all the supplements of the protocol yet?The most important ones we can added to your protocol,if you are ready.

regards,

corrij

Corrij (therapeut)
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Corrij (therapeut) » vr feb 10, 2006 1:52 pm

Hi Richard,

Could you let me know how things are going?

How do you feel about taking a step further and introducing the supplements of the heart failure protocol?

greetings,Corrij

Plaats reactie