dilated cardiomyopathy

This forum is intended for international users to help them with the treatment of cardiomyopathy or heart failure.
Plaats reactie
frankeieio
Nieuw in dit forum
Contacteer:

dilated cardiomyopathy

Bericht door frankeieio » do okt 13, 2005 8:00 pm

I am a 45 year old landscape contractor living in southern California. Five years ago I was diagnosed with the subject disease (ejf<20%) and immediately was placed on a drug therapy program of diuretics, digoxin, ace-inhibitor and a beta blocker and an anti-coagulant. I seemed to respond to this therapy, but was alarmingly surprised at the lack of guidance given to my protocol concerning diet and supplements. I was informed by the medical staff of my attending cardiologist that there just wasn't enough scientific evidence to support consultation in these areas. On my own then, via the internet, I discovered in part through your web postings back in those days, several supplements such as co-q10 that had some some scientific merit in the treatment of my condition, rather than argue or try to instruct the Dr.'s office of my intentions( can you imagine a gardener telling a trained medical person how to do their job) I simply started adding supplements to my daily pill popping! Always leery of the pharmaceuticals side effects I over time stopped taking these drugs altogether (coreg was the last medication I took about 2 months ago). I have over the years revisited your website, including yesterday. What I'm hoping to find is some guidance with the types, amounts and duration of the supplementation that I'am committed to.
Thank you for you help.
I am overweight 5'9" 222lbs.
My last ekg was three years ago (+-)45%
My blood pressure is borderline high I can monitor daily.
I have reasonable exercise endurance ( just don't do it enough)
I sometimes have difficulty breathing ( I sense my lungs are constricted)
Some days I feel fine.
I'm hoping with some reassurance that I'm physically headed in the right direction that I can reset life goals based on an existence that would expect full health. Gezonheid!
Regeards,

Frank

Willy
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Willy » vr okt 14, 2005 11:17 am

Hello Frank we will have a slow start, my mother died this week, today is the funeral and the son of Corrij, the therapist of this forum, was injured by a car and is now in the hospital.

I will respond to your message this weekend.
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Willy Witsel

Ben je blij met ons gratis advies doe dan
een tweet of een like bovenin deze forumpagina

Willy
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Willy » za okt 15, 2005 10:51 pm

Hello Frank

I fill in for Corrij the therapist of this forum.

Please provide me with a list of supplements you take.

Times a day, dosis, manufacturer

What is in your opinion helpfull for you?
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Willy Witsel

Ben je blij met ons gratis advies doe dan
een tweet of een like bovenin deze forumpagina

Corrij (therapeut)
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Corrij (therapeut) » ma okt 17, 2005 9:23 pm

Hi Frank,

Welcome to this forum.

I understand from your messages that you have already started to take supplements.

Could you please let me know what you are taking, and how much of it.

If you want to join Willy’s heart failure protocol, Willy and I will be pleased to help you.

Greetings,
Those who do not have enough time for good health,
will not have good health for enough time.

Gast

Bericht door Gast » wo nov 09, 2005 10:39 pm

Geplaatst: Wo Nov 09, 2005 8:19 pm Onderwerp: dilated cardiomyopathy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pardon the delay in my response time. I'm the owner of a landscape construction company and much like farming it seems like each fall we are hit with an incredibly busy "harvest" time as the season's projects finish up.

My dietary supplementation is as follows:
MSM 1000mg x 2x/day= 2000mg/day
Co Q-10 150mg x 2x/day= 300mg/day
L-Arginine 500mg x 2x/day= 1000mg/day
Taurine 500mg x 2x/day= 1000mg/day
L-Carnitine 1000mg x2x/day= 2000mg/day
Fish Oil (800mg EPA, 500mg DHA)/1 tspn x 2x/day= 1600mg/day
The following from a multi-vitamin:
Vitamin A 5000IU x 2x/day= 10000IU/day
Vitamin C 500mg x 2x/day= 1000mg/day
Vitamin D3 200IU x 2x/day= 400IU/day
Vitamin E 17.5IU x 2x/day= 35IU/day
VitaminB1 25mg x 2x/day= 50mg/day
VitaminB2 25mg x 2x/day= 50mg/day
VitaminB3 25mg x 2x/day= 50mg/day
Vitamin B6 25mg x 2x/day= 50mg/day
Folate 400mcg x 2x/day= 800mcg/day
VitaminB12 100mcg x 2x/day= 200mcg/day
Bioten 1500mcg x 2x/day= 3000mcg/day
Pantothenic Acid 25mg x 2x/day= 50mg/day
Calcium 100mg x2x/day= 300mg/day
Magnesium 15mg x 2x/day= 30mg/day
Selenium 50mcg x 2x/day= 100mcg/day
Copper .25mg x 2x/day= 5mg/day
Manganese 1.5mg x2x/day= 3mg/day
Chromium (Chromium polynictonate) 100mcg x 2x/day= 200mcg/day
Molybdenum 100mcg x 2x/day= 200mcg/day
Potassium 37.5mcg x 2x/day= 75mcg/day
Lecithin 100mcg x 2x/day= 200mcg/day
Inositol 100mcg x 2x/day= 200mcg/day
Alpha Lopoic ACid 50mg x 2x/day= 100mg/day
Green Tea 60% 50mg x 2x/day= 100mg/day
Broccoli Extract 50mg x2 x/day= 100mg/day
Mixed Tocopherals 36mg x 2x/day= 72mg/day
Betaine HCL 25mg x 2x/day= 50mg/day
Bromelain 2400GDU 15mg x 2x/day= 30mg/day
Boron 37.5mcg x 2x/day= 75mcg/day

DHEA 25mg/day

frank

Corrij (therapeut)
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Corrij (therapeut) » do nov 10, 2005 10:06 pm

Hello Frank,

I’ve had a look at your list of supplements, and it doesn’t look bad.
However I would like to adjust it a bit.

I think your multivitamin is fine because I didn’t see vit.K in it. You’re not allowed to take vitamin K if you are using diuretics.

I would increase the MSM to 3000 mg a day.

Vitamin C 3000 mg a day.

Q10 is fine.

Taurine is fine too.

With the arginine I miss the ornithine, you can buy a combination of these two and then you would have to take 3 capsules a day.

Dhea is good.

Chromium GTF 2x200 mcg a day

Alpha-Lipoic acid 2x100 mg a day.

L-Carnitine 3x500 mg a day.

If you take all of this then your list will be complete. Remember not to take all the amino acids together and
always on an empty stomach.

For instance: half an hour before breakfast 2 carnitine
half an hour before lunch 1 carnitine
half an hour before diner 2 taurine
before going to bed 3 arginine/ornithine

This is to avoid competition between the amino acids, and you’ll benefit most from it.

If you still have questions, don’t worry I don’t mind answering them.

greetings,

frankeieio
Nieuw in dit forum
Contacteer:

Brain Failure!

Bericht door frankeieio » vr nov 11, 2005 5:36 am

Thank you for your prompt guidance concerning my dietary supplementation protocol. In reviewing last months posts concerning my heart failure I see that, at the least, I also was suffering from an inconsiderate form of brain failure! I want to offer Willy my belated condolences for the loss of his mother (my Dutch mother was visiting from our east coast last month and even here in the middle age of my life I cherish our time spent together), and also corrij the car accident your son suffered... I hope things are working out. As the father of two teenage girls (one two thousand miles away at college) I've come to realize that ultimately I can only hope for the best when they're out of my care.
Regeards,

Frank

Willy
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Willy » wo nov 16, 2005 10:31 pm

Thank you for your nice words Frank

frankeieio
Nieuw in dit forum
Contacteer:

Trouble breathing

Bericht door frankeieio » do nov 17, 2005 7:50 pm

I'd like to add the following observation concerning my condition. Over the past five years from my initial treatment on, the attending medical contact has usually been a nurse-practitioner employed by which ever cardiologist's office was treating me. I rarely actually saw the cardiologist, perhaps this is protocol in this country. I did respond well to the recommended drug therapy which at first included a couple types of diuretics, digoxin, coumadin, an ace-inhibitor and the the eventual titration up to a beta- blocker. I also, immediately began supplementing my diet somewhat irregularly with fish oil and co q-10. The first nurse-practitioner was very helpful with the advice that basically the best indicator of my condition was how I physically felt.

I never was really satisfied with the negative side effects created by the pharmaceutical therapy, and therefore as quickly as possible, with the permission of my cardiologist's office, eliminated drugs that were not necessary (coumadin, and the diuretics). Over the years I tried somewhat unsuccessfully to drop the the other drugs as well.

This past year as I've already noted I finally (using the barometer of "How i felt") successfully stopped my drug therapy completely.
I had some trouble breathing however. I think I can attribute this to my supplementation of hawthorn (crataegus oxycantha, berry 225mg/day, flower 100mg/day). Since I stopped this supplementation I've not been shot of breath one day.

Also Willy, corrij suggested I up my vitamin C each day. Not to rub the weather in, but my neighbors Mexican lime tree is abundantly dropping fruit into my yard as I type and I've been creatively concocting lime beverages as part of my health therapy for the past year!

All the best!
Regeards,

Frank

Corrij (therapeut)
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Corrij (therapeut) » za nov 19, 2005 8:22 pm

Hi Frank,

There is nothing wrong with fresh fruit and home made fruit juices, but this way you’ll never get to a minimal of 3000mg vitamin C a day.

You can ‘t have too much of vitamin C and you can test this yourself.

Just take 2000mg vitamin C every hour and keep doing this until you feel your intestines start working and you get diarrhoea :P

That is then your tolerance limit for vitamin C. You’ll find out that you can take a lot of vitamin C before you reach this point.

Greetings,

Corrij

Corrij (therapeut)
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Corrij (therapeut) » ma dec 05, 2005 7:25 pm

Hi Frank,

Could you let me know how things are going?

regards,

Corrij

frankeieio
Nieuw in dit forum
Contacteer:

health stautus as of january 11,2006

Bericht door frankeieio » wo jan 11, 2006 7:59 pm

Hello corrij,

I was having trouble with daily headaches and some difficulty breathing, that I believe were unrelated to my ortho-vitae treatment, also my exercise tolerance was very low. So, just after Christmas, I re-titrated back onto two daily medications; monopril an ace-inhibitor to lower my blood pressure, and relieve the headaches at 20mg/day and carvedilol, the beta-blocker that vaso-dialates as well as dampens the effects of adrenaline on my heart function at 12.5mg/2xday thus lowering my heart rate as it adjusts to duress throughout the day. I also take a diuretic, furosemide, 2 to 3 times a week, when I sense fluid building up. My edema seems to collect at my waistline so I'm never quite sure if I'm building up fluid or have eaten too much! Therefore, unless my breathing is making a gurgling sound my use of the water pill has sort of a mystical quality to it:)

I've continued the ortho-vitae treatment as listed before and currently feel much better. The headaches have disappeared and I seem to be breathing just fine. Although, I haven't gone out and rode a bike, or taken off on a run lately, I have been able to perform physical activities related to my work without any noticeable trouble.

Right now the worst side effect from the above medications is at night about ten minutes after I've fallen asleep (I sleep on my back) I find myself choking on fluid and have to raise up and cough violently for about a half minute to clear my throat in order to get back to sleep. This happens every night and I believe is caused by the monopril.

All in all other than the fact I have an enlarged heart that needs to be encouraged artificially to function properly everything is great.
Regeards,

Frank

Corrij (therapeut)
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Corrij (therapeut) » vr jan 13, 2006 9:17 pm

Hello Frank,

Thanks for your quick response.
Do you know if it's the left or right side of your heart?
If the right side is enlarged then you'll retain fluid in and around your abdomen, is it on the left
then you'll usually retain fluid in the ankles and behind the lungs.
Do you have an appointment with your cardiologist soon?
When was your last thorax photo?
You write that you think that your nightly coughing fits happen because you use monopril.
One of the side-effects of this ace inhibitor is indeed tickling cough, but it is also possible that you
retain some fluid behind the lung. Whatever may be the case, I would still contact your doctor to
exclude one or the other and maybe use another remedy because it is not nice to have disturbing nights sleep.

Regards,

Corrij

Corrij (therapeut)
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Corrij (therapeut) » di feb 21, 2006 6:13 pm

Hi Frank,

Could you let me know how things are going?

Best regards,Corrij

Plaats reactie