Treatment for CHF

This forum is intended for international users to help them with the treatment of cardiomyopathy or heart failure.
Plaats reactie
Gary
Nieuw in dit forum

Treatment for CHF

Bericht door Gary » wo jun 15, 2005 1:21 am

I am a 40 year old Fire Fighter, I have been in the department for 20 years. I am very active, scuba diving, flying ultralights, hang gliders, worked out with heavy weights until this condition was discovered and have my own welding business building ornamental iron. Until I was diagnosed with CHF I worked over 100 hrs a week often staying up for more than 24 hrs due to my schedule at the fire dept. I now only investigate fires. As you can see I was a very active person able to do anything I wanted to do. Now I feel like I have been chained to a tree, not sure what my future holds. I tell you this so that you can get an idea of my activity level in the event that it had something to do with my condition.

I have been diagnosed with idiopathic CHF with an ejection factor of 45%. I was diagnosed in the later part of November 2004, just days before my 40th birthday. I was recently retested and the ejection factor has not changed in 6 months. I was not on any medications, prescription or otherwise when diagnosed and I do not use illegal drugs. The doctor has me on Alltace and Coreg.

I do have a sweet tooth but have been able to keep from getting fat because I am so active. I currently weigh approximately 235lbs and I am 5'10" tall. I do notice that when I over indulge with carbs my pulse rate increases and it agrivates my premature ventricular contractions{PVC's}. I do not drink much caffene at all, no coffee or tea. I have had a few events of ventricular tacicardia in my life. I figure about 5-6 times, I have never passed out from it and the worst case was approximately 18 years ago. My doctor was concerned about this and implanted a defibrilator. So far the thing has shocked me 7 times non of which were due to V-tac. None of the defibrilations were called for, needless to say I don't have a lot of faith in the device. I won't go into the details, but I was told by the doctor that none on the shocks were needed. I must say it that it feels like I got kicked in the chest by a mule.

So, my problem is two fold, I have frequent PVC's with CHF. What are your suggestions. I have discussed this forum with my physician and he has no problem with the supplements you promote. Needless to say he does not have much faith it will work. I pray to god he's wrong. I am ready to start.

Thank you for taking the time to do this and for helping people. I became a fire fighter because I just wanted to help people, now I need your help.

z100a
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door z100a » wo jun 15, 2005 11:52 am

willy is on vacation at the moment.
i am sure he will answer you as soon ashe is back.
met vriendelijke groeten,

marja

willy=guest

Bericht door willy=guest » do jul 07, 2005 11:05 pm

PVC
What are premature ventricular contractions?

Premature ventricular (ven-TRIK'u-ler) contractions (PVCs), also known as "extrasystoles" (eks"trah-SIS'to-leez), are "extra" heartbeats. They arise from an irritable area in the heart's lower pumping chambers (the ventricles). PVCs interrupt the normal heart rhythm and cause an irregular beat. This is often felt as a "missed beat" or a "flip-flop" in the chest. PVCs are often harmless, but when they occur very often or repetitively, they can lead to more serious rhythm disturbances.
<B>PVCs are often harmless, but when they occur very often or repetitively, they can lead to more serious rhythm disturbances</B>

was it serious?

I have them too, but my cardiologist tells me to ignore them.

Gary please check if you can buy Solgar, NOW and Pharma Nord Products in your region

Let me introduce to you Corrij see is the moderator of this forum and will help you too. We will try to design a personal program for you. Give you all information so you can decide for your self to try it.

Gary
Nieuw in dit forum

Bericht door Gary » wo jul 13, 2005 6:41 am

I am sure I can get Solgar supplements and believe I can also get some if not all of the others. We have a very good selection of health food stores around here. I also believe that if one of the products that I need is not available locally I can get one of the stores to order it for me. Let me know what program I should follow. I must say that since I quit using the artificial sweeteners and MSG I feel Like a new person. I did a stress test on the treadmill about 1 month ago and did very well. I ran for 14 minutes, the doctor finally stopped me. I took this test before getting off of the MSG and artificial sweeteners. I am supposed to do another stress test in 3 1/2 months, I will let everyone know how I do. Maybe I can get going on the supplements and do even better.
Regards,

Gary Cremeens

Corrij (therapeut)
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Corrij (therapeut) » do jul 14, 2005 9:05 pm

Hello Gary :D :D

First of all welcome to this forum.

I’m glad that you are able to get the necessary supplements near you and that your cardiologist doesn’t mind.

I suggest that you start with 200mcg Chromium GFT, you can start this without a problem.

MSM, the final dosage is 3000 mg but we’ll build it up slowly, I suggest 500 mg for the first few days

If this goes well then 500 extra untill you are at the 3000 mg.

You have to build it up slowly because MSM detoxifies and it can cause headache, diarrhoea or tiredness.

Greetings,

Corrij
Those who do not have enough time for good health,
will not have good health for enough time.

Gary
Nieuw in dit forum

Supplements

Bericht door Gary » vr jul 15, 2005 12:42 am

Does the MSM or Chromium GFT supplement take the place of COQ10 or will it be started at a later date?

Corrij (therapeut)
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Corrij (therapeut) » vr jul 15, 2005 5:04 pm

Hello Gary,

you can start with MSM en chromium, normally we introduce the COQ10 at a later stage.
The msm and chromium are not a part of the hartfailure protocol, those two give you just more energy, to begin with. :lol:

Today I am goiing on holiday, these two supplements will keep you goiing for the next two weeks.

Greetings,

Corry
Those who do not have enough time for good health,
will not have good health for enough time.

Corrij (therapeut)
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Corrij (therapeut) » zo aug 21, 2005 8:27 pm

Hi Gary,

Did you really start using the chromium and the msm?
Can you tell me how that’s going?
Did you have problems with using the msm and which dose are you on now?
I’d like to hear from you. :D :D

Kind regards,
Corrij

Plaats reactie