Dilated Cardiomyopathy

This forum is intended for international users to help them with the treatment of cardiomyopathy or heart failure.
crowek
Nieuw in dit forum

Dilated Cardiomyopathy

Bericht door crowek » ma jul 30, 2018 12:49 pm

Hi,

I have recently been diagnosed with a mild dilated Cardiomyopathy, I have an ejection fraction of 46%. I am a keen cyclist and have recently completed a season of criterium races and have done a number of sportives in the past couple of years that were in excess of 100 miles each. I train regularly although that has become sporadic and less frequent since my diagnosis. I have been given extremely mixed and somewhat vague information about what my "safe" limits are, varying from 10-15 miles not loosing my breath to reasonable milage whilst not loosing my breath. I have had very few symptoms mainly the odd heart palputation and general fatigue, I am on a beta blocker and ace inhibitors for my heart which are gradually being increased. I want to continue training and ideally having goals such as races or sportives that I can work towards, but I am somewhat unsure of what I can do safely and whilst I appreciate that there is a risk involved with it I don't want to stop what I enjoy doing and molicoddle myself on the off chance that something could happen. I have recorded my training with a heart rate monitor and GPS so I have some good records of my training and have been working with a trainer on plans but since the information on training at the level I am coming in from is thin at best I would really like some advice on what is reasonable?

Please help.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:-
https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/f ... 380&t=3625
Online Video Production Service

Thanks!

Plaats reactie