We used to see cardio every 2 weeks, but now we only have to go every 2-3 months apart. Next echo should be in September, but if we go to Bruxelles in September, then the one in Romania would be postponed.
I think BNP level was never measured, my son was only hospitalized once, for a bronchiolitis, when we also discovered the DCM. The given cause seems to be idiophatic, that is without any obvious cause, but we did not had any genetic testing. Cardio said it is not that important at this time to have invasive procedures to find the underlying cause. The doctor from Viena also said, the DCM seems to be there for at least a year. (he was 1 year and 3 months old when we were there).
Another mom from Romania, her son having the same condition, was told in Romania, that her sons DCM is genetic, but in Bruxelles she was told it was caused by a virus. I have also read about other ppl experiences, many of them with unknown cause of their DCM.
Supplements can be found here, the pharmaceutic industry is thriving for sure
but I think I will order via iherb.com, because the price difference is huge. (e.g. Childlife Naturals - Cod liver oil is in Romania 22 euros, while on iherb is 11). I also have friends in Austria, Hungary, Germany, Belgium who can get the supplements for me.
We can also skype, if it is the case, I don`t want to hold up your time if not necessary.
@Aleta, many thanks on yours and Saskias input and advice.
@Willy, your help is highly appreciated. Have a lovely evening!