New, my story and questions.

This forum is intended for international users to help them with the treatment of cardiomyopathy or heart failure.
Aussie
Ervaren met het forum

Re: New, my story and questions.

Bericht door Aussie » vr dec 12, 2014 1:28 am

Thanks Corrij

I will increase my Magnesium consumption. The capsules I have are 145.8mg so I'll try to find a more appropriate dosage but meanwhile will take 3 per day ie 437 .4. Is hope thats OK?

I don't have fluid restrictions, but know I sometimes don't drink enough water.
I don't drink softdrinks/sodas.
I usually don't have sweet foods or processed baked goods but admit I have had some lately so will cut them out again. I do usually avoid pastries and any processed foods above 10% sugar content.
I have had a lot of stress lately and am grieving right now so probably have a greater need for Magnesium.

I also do drink caffeinated drinks- I usually like to make myself soymilk cappuccinos 1-2 time per day. If I have tea its usually lower caffeine ie organic green tea or herbal.

I've never taken diuretics, heart medication, asthma medication or estrogen replacement therapy and dont take any pharmaceutical medication right now. I always had side effects when to birth control pills so gave up taking them also a long time ago and no longer need birth control.

I did have muscle cramps earlier this week but only a few times and often do have muscle spasms. I did have symptoms of muscle and joint pain like fibromyalgia back in the last months before I began the magnesium supplements (were symptoms I had with ME like fibromyalgia) and they mostly reduced significantly when I began the supplement.
I'll increase my intake of the magnesium foods. Thanks so much for your advise.

Corrij (therapeut)
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Corrij (therapeut) » zo jan 04, 2015 5:36 pm

Hello Aussie,

What kind of magnesium do you take?

greetings,
Corrij
Those who do not have enough time for good health,
will not have good health for enough time.

Willy
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Willy » wo jan 07, 2015 5:28 pm

How are things going and did you see the question of Corrij?
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Willy Witsel

Ben je blij met ons gratis advies doe dan
een tweet of een like bovenin deze forumpagina

Aussie
Ervaren met het forum

Bericht door Aussie » vr jan 23, 2015 1:53 am

Hi WIllie and Corrij

I'm glad to see the forum is up again and yes I'm afraid I did miss your messages. I've been very sick with flu/virus and thankfully I'm recovering now. Unfortunately, I haven't been having the full dose of supplements every day due to nausea etc but did when able.

I'm sorry I missed your question Corrij, I have Magnesium Citrate 145.8mg. When I looked I didn't find another product that was only magnesium at a better dose so have been taking 3 per day to get 400mg.

I didn't start the D-ribose as I wasn't well, so guess I should add that now.

I thought I'd posted vitamin D and proBNP levels just before the forum went down but don't see it here. I couldn't find my results just now. The results were considered normal but I don't
remember them - I'm afraid my memory is pretty bad - its been worrying me.

I noticed also that the breathlessness symptoms have returned whenever the weather has been hot & humid.
The weather has been unusual here fluctuating between heatwaves of 36C and above some days and other days 21 -25C and my breathing is definitely worse on the hotter days.

I'll find my test results and post again. (It won't be today though as I need to go to work soon and will finish late today)

cheers,

Aussie

Corrij (therapeut)
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Corrij (therapeut) » vr jan 23, 2015 1:44 pm

hello Aussie,

Can you give me a list of the supplements your taking and the dosage?
Please start taking the ribose 12 gr. a day.

Is the flu virus gone?

Hot, hazy days can strain more than power-grid managers. The three H's -- heat, haze, and humidity -- make it crazy-hard for many folks to breathe: the very young or old (especially those with heart or lung problems) and anyone with allergies or asthma.

You have a fluid restriction?
The warmer the weather, the more you should drink. Check with your doctor first, however, if he or she has restricted your fluid intake. Avoid very cold drinks; they can cause stomach cramping.
Replace salt and minerals lost through heavy sweating.

greetings,
Corrij

Aussie
Ervaren met het forum

Bericht door Aussie » za jan 24, 2015 8:22 am

Hello Corrij

The other supplements are those Willie advised
Magnesium approx 400mg
CQ10 2x 100mg per day
Acetyl Carnitane 500mg
and I was taking 1000mg vit D though stopped when I got my latest results.
And I still need to find and post the results.

I still feel the effects of the virus though only mildly in comparison- but do have sore throat and conjection, cough, and flatulence and swollen stomach at times all of which are symptoms people are getting. I've had mild symptoms for several weeks was then felt very ill and exhausted with fever etc and then gradually improved again. Many people here are getting it twice including my daughters so I'm grateful its milder now.

I'm actually out of magnesium and acetyl carnitane today and plan to get more tomorrow

I was taking a herbal preparation for the flu while sick.
I have been given no fluid restrictions.

Hope I've answered all your questions.

cheers

Aussie

Corrij (therapeut)
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Corrij (therapeut) » za jan 24, 2015 4:58 pm

Hi Aussie,

Acetyl Carnitine should be 1500 mg a day taken on a empty stomach.
Why did you stopped the vitamin D? Was your blood level to high?

I also want to add D-ribose 12 gr. a day.

Patients with heart disease on drugs intended to increase the contractile strength of their heart are good candidates for D-ribose. These drugs, known as inotropic agents, make the heart beat harder. This places considerable strain on the heart’s ability to supply enough energy to support the extra metabolic stress. Long-term treatment with these agents drains the energy reserve, essentially running the heart out of energy. Patients with heart failure, chronic coronary artery disease, or cardiomyopathy should take D-ribose to offset the energy-draining effects of inotropic drugs such as digoxin. Research shows that supplementation reduces the energy drain without any negative impact on the activity of the drug.

Using ribose to restore the energy level in the heart allows it to fully relax, fill, and empty completely to circulate blood to the outer reaches of the body.Circulating more blood means muscles in the arms and legs, and the tissues of the brain, get the oxygen they need to function normally. This result was made evident in several important studies in patients with congestive heart failure and angina.

In one study conducted at the University of Bonn in Germany, patients with congestive heart failure were treated with either 10-grams of ribose or a sugar placebo every day for three weeks. They were then tested for heart function, exercise tolerance (a measure of fatigue), and quality of life using a questionnaire designed for this purpose. In this study, ribose therapy had a significant effect on all measures of diastolic heart function, showing that increased energy in the heart allowed the heart to relax, fill, and pump more normally. Patients in the study were also much more tolerant to exercise when they were on ribose, and, through their responses to the questionnaire, showed they had a higher quality of life as a result.

Two additional studies went on to help explain how ribose therapy in congestive heart failure may affect fatigue and exercise tolerance. These studies showed that ribose treatment increased ventilatory and oxygen utilization efficiency, a medical way of saying that the patients were able to breathe better and use the oxygen they inhaled more efficiently. Improving the patient’s ability to use oxygen means more oxygen is available to go into the blood and out to the tissues. Having more oxygen available allows the muscle to burn fuel more efficiently, helping it keep pace with its energy demand. The result is less fatigue, a greater ability to tolerate exercise, and a higher quality of life. An added benefit to improving ventilatory efficiency is that ventilatory efficiency is a dominant predictor of mortality in congestive heart failure. Increasing ventilatory efficiency with ribose therapy is, therefore, a direct correlate to prolonging life in this patient population.

Also vitamin C at least 3000 mg a day.

greetings,
Corrij

Aussie
Ervaren met het forum

Bericht door Aussie » di feb 17, 2015 7:21 am

Hello Corrij

I'm sorry- I thought I'd posted a reply earlier. I stopped the vit D as I was advised my levels were normal.
I've checked the results again and results were 69nmol/L on 12 Dec last year. Previous levels were 45 in Jn 2014 and 35 in September 2010.

I asked for a BNP test but the results are for a NT-proBNP 171ng/L. My cardiologist advised me any results could be biased. I understand this was because the left side of my heart does not contract evenly.

I have been taking 1500mg per day of Acetyl Carnitine and will be collecting vitamin C tomorrow.

regards

Mary

Corrij (therapeut)
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Corrij (therapeut) » di feb 17, 2015 2:04 pm

Hello Mary,

Are you taking the ribose as well?
I don`t think you should stop taking vitamin D, but take a smaller amount, otherwise it will drop again.
The normal range is 30.0 to 74.0 nanograms per milliliter (ng/mL).

greetings,
Corrij

Aussie
Ervaren met het forum

Bericht door Aussie » di feb 17, 2015 4:39 pm

Hi Corrij
Yes I'm taking the ribose. I'll start taking some vit D again,

thanks

Aussie

Willy
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Willy » di feb 17, 2015 5:03 pm

Aussie schreef:I'll start taking some vit D again,

thanks

Aussie
That is not accurate enough, how much?
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Willy Witsel

Ben je blij met ons gratis advies doe dan
een tweet of een like bovenin deze forumpagina

Aussie
Ervaren met het forum

Bericht door Aussie » wo feb 18, 2015 1:34 pm

Hello Willie and Corrij

I was taking 25mcg of cholecalciferol equivalent to D3 1000 IU.
What dose would you recommend? I'm happy to do whatever you recommend.

Thanks for your help
Aussie

Corrij (therapeut)
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Corrij (therapeut) » do feb 19, 2015 3:01 pm

Hi Aussie,

I would recommend 1000IE a day, so keep continue :D

greetings,
Corrij

Aussie
Ervaren met het forum

Bericht door Aussie » vr feb 20, 2015 1:57 am

Thanks Corrij, I will.

Aussie
Ervaren met het forum

Bericht door Aussie » zo apr 12, 2015 9:23 am

Hello Corrij and Willie

I have a question. I've been getting diarrhea and loose bowels since I began the magnesium supplements. I understand a magnesium chelate form of magnesium might prevent this. Do you agree? I found Magnesium Chelate 750 which is 150mg "elemental magnesium"- "magnesium as amino acid chelate". It is Nutrilife brand and formulated without gluten, wheat, dairy, soy, egg, preservatives, artificial flavours, artificial sweeteners. Do you think this would be OK to change to this?

I did have a checkup with my cardiologist and he says my cardiomyopathy is stable which is good :D - especially as he says I will probably have no option except a transplant if I get a lot worse. I don't like the sound of that!

Thanks for any advise..

Mary

Plaats reactie