Some questions I have...

This forum is intended for international users to help them with the treatment of cardiomyopathy or heart failure.
Plaats reactie
Guido
Nieuw in dit forum

Some questions I have...

Bericht door Guido » za feb 16, 2008 10:45 pm

Dear Corrij and Willie,

I hope that you are both well. I wanted to check in to let you know that I switched to liquid COQ10.

I wanted to run some issues by you and wonder if you might know why I might experience some nausea. I am not exactly sure why, but my girlfriend tells me that it may be because I generally try to take all my supplements at once- usually in the morning. Could this be the reason? Also, should I be breaking up the load and taking them two or three times a day?

Also, I am considering asking my doctor to take me off of some of my medications. I do not know if they are doing good for me or not.

Carvedilol (beta blocker) - 40mgs
Coozar (50mg)
Inspra (24mg)
Lasix (5mg) every other day

The two that I am suspicious of, which I feel make me feel bad are the Coozar and the Lasix. I do not know if the medications have improved my situation, but I continue to take them.

Any feedback you have on this?

Thanks,

Guido :roll:
Regards,

Guido

Corrij (therapeut)
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Corrij (therapeut) » di feb 19, 2008 11:36 am

Hi Guido,

All the supplements at once isn`t smart.
THe amino acids like carnitine and taurine on a empty stomach and seperate from each other.

For instance the carnitine half an hour before breakfast or two hours after breakfast

The taurine half an hour before lunch or diner. or two hours after
This is to get an as big as possible effect.

The other supplements together with your meals, so 3 x a day.

About your medication, never stop one without asking your doctor.
He prescribe them with a reason.
Why is Cozaar prescribed?
Cozaar is used in the treatment of high blood pressure. It is effective when used alone or with other high blood pressure medications, such as diuretics that help the body get rid of water.

Cozaar is also used to slow the progress of kidney disease caused by type 2 diabetes (the type of diabetes that doesn't require insulin shots). It is the first of a new class of blood pressure medications called angiotensin II receptor antagonists. Cozaar works, in part, by preventing the hormone angiotensin II from constricting the blood vessels, which tends to raise blood pressure.

Most important fact about Cozaar
You must take Cozaar regularly for it to be effective. Since blood pressure declines gradually, it may be several weeks before you get the full benefit of Cozaar, and you must continue taking it even if you are feeling well. Cozaar does not cure high blood pressure; it merely keeps it under control.

Loop diuretics are most commonly used to relieve the symptoms of heart failure, such as breathlessness, swollen feet and ankles, and tiredness. They might also be used to treat excess fluid due to kidney disease or after a heart attack. Occasionally, they are used to treat high blood pressure, for example, in someone with kidney failure.

Side effects
One of the most common side effects with a loop diuretic is potassium deficiency, which can lead to abnormal heart rhythms, weakness and confusion. People taking a loop diuretic, particularly in the long-term, may need to take extra potassium (see below). Loop diuretics can also make you feel dizzy, especially during the first few days of treatment. If this is the case, get up slowly when you stand, and don't drive or do anything else that requires constant alertness until you know how you react to the drug. Other less common side effects can include feeling sick, digestive problems, gout, muscle pain and a skin rash. If a rash does occur, see your doctor immediately.

greetings,
Corrij
Those who do not have enough time for good health,
will not have good health for enough time.

Plaats reactie