Guido is checking in to report about his cardiomyopathy

This forum is intended for international users to help them with the treatment of cardiomyopathy or heart failure.
Plaats reactie
Guido
Nieuw in dit forum

Guido is checking in to report about his cardiomyopathy

Bericht door Guido » do jan 31, 2008 8:27 pm

Hi Corrij,
It has been a while since I last checked in. I am glad you still remember me. (':D') When we last corresponded I was a little disappointed that I had not experienced much results with the stem cell treatment I received, and my EF was around 32. I guess that may be part of the reason why I didn't correspond with anyone. I was feeling a little overwhelmed with everything! I however stayed with the supplements and have been faithfully taking them since March 2006 - so for almost 2 years. About six months ago, I went to the doctor, and he told me that my EF had gone up, from 32 to about 39 percent. For the first time in 3 years, I felt encouraged. Also, I sensed that this was probably due to the supplements. Yesterday I had my six month visit, and the cardiologist reported that my EF was basically the same- but he put it at 40 percent. I must confess that I was hoping that he would say that I was cured, or that it was 50 percent, but still pleased that it had not slipped back to 30!

Anyway, I wanted to check back in with you for your input on the list of supplements I am taking. I also thought you might have some recommendations as to whether I should maintain the doses I am currently taking. Also, something else is on my mind which I wanted to ask you about... I have not been taking the Solgar brand as you highly recommend because of the purity of the products, but instead, I have been taking Vitamin Shoppe products (they are less expensive!). In hindsight, I wonder if I should have stuck with Solgar - and if taking the less expensive brand could mean that my therapy is less effective? I want to make a determination to do everything right this time, and would like your input on this. Also, do I need to worry about any toxicity with all the medications and supplements I take? Yesterday, the cardiologist ran blood work, and didn't mention anything in particular, except my liver numbers go up and down- but he said he wasn't too concerned. Also, do you know if it is possible for the heart to go back to its regular size and shape? My heart is about 6.8 cm, and is on the round size, rather than triangular. I sometimes wonder if it can go back to its triangular shape. Do you have any information on this? Overall, let me say, my life has improved a lot, also because of my Buddhist practice. I know it might sound funny to some, but it really helped me to stay positive.

Here is my regiment:
MEDICATIONS (':evil:')

CARVEDILOL 25mg TWICE A DAY
COOZAR 50mg ONCE A DAY
INSPRA 25mg ONCE A DAY
LASIX 20mg (1/4) EVERY OTHER DAY

SUPPLEMENTS (':wink:')

MORNING:

CARNATINE 500mg 3 1/2 HOUR BEFORE BREAKFAST
TAURINE 500mg 3 1/2 HOUR BEFORE LUNCH

CoQ10 100mg 2
MULTIVITAMIN 2
HAWTHORN 450mg 2
VITAMIN E 400mg 1
CHROMIUM 200mg 1

LUNCH:

ALPHA-LIPOIC 100mg 2
VITAMIN C 1000mg 3
MSM 500mg 3

NIGHT:
ARGININE 500mg 3 ON EMPTY STOMACH BEFORE BEDTIME

Corrij, as always, in closing, I want to say- how much I appreciate your help, kindness, and compassion. You have made such a difference in my life, and I want you to know from the bottom of my heart, how much I cherish this forum!
Best,
Guido (':P')

:P :P
Regards,

Guido

Corrij (therapeut)
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Corrij (therapeut) » do jan 31, 2008 10:30 pm

Hi Guido,

Welcome back, and thank you for your kind words :wink:

I think its great , your improvement from 30 to 40%.I can understand that it`s going to slow for you, but your EF is going up and not down.
Give your heart some time :wink:

About the supplements,

I don`t know the brand vitamin shoppe but I know this, it is possible that there are to much fillers in it.
Fillers are inexpensive, inactive materials that are used in capsules and tablets. Although small amounts are necessary in the manufacturing process,many companies use excessive amounts in place of the listed active ingredients. Labels are often misleading and since fillers cost less money, people don¹t realize what they`re getting

Avoid lesser quality, for example, aminos derived from soy, milk, beef or eggs, which are not as bioavailable and effective. They also may cause allergic reactions in food sensitive individuals.

Aren't all vitamins and supplements the same? Does it really matter which brand you buy? How can you tell which supplements are the highest quality? With so many different brands and so much hype in the marketplace, we understand how difficult choosing a line of dietary supplements can be.

The truth is not all vitamins and supplements are the same. Research shows that many supplements do not contain the proper amount of essential ingredients, nor are they developed by qualified industry professionals.

Often, companies will use a “blend” of a particular nutrient instead of a concentrated form of the nutrient in order to cut costs. By combining an effective nutrient with a less expensive (and less effective) nutrient many companies increase their profits at your expense. For example, a calcium supplement may contain both calcium carbonate and calcium citrate. However, what the label doesn’t indicate is the amount of the carbonate form used relative to the amount of citrate calcium form used. The product may contain 95% of the carbonate form and only 5% of the citrate form. The carbonate form, which is must less expensive than the citrate form, is essentially nothing more than ground-up rock and is much less effective. Calcium citrate, the more effective form of calcium, is only included in minute amounts since it is more expensive.

The brands that are selling good products are, Solgar, NOW, Life extension.

You can google for a supplements and compare the ingredients.

You don`t have to be afraid about the toxicity of the supplements your taking, there`s a lot of research been done about this, and we know what we recommend.

The size of your heart can be normal again, it happens a few people on the Dutch forum.

Read some articles written by Dr. Langsjoen.

The amount of MSM must be 3 x 1000 mg a day
The amount of vitamin E 2 x 400 IE a day

I miss magnesium citrate 1 x 200 mg a day
and selenium 1 x 100 mg a day

http://utopia.knoware.nl/~wwitsel/index.html

greetings,
Corrij
Those who do not have enough time for good health,
will not have good health for enough time.

Guido
Nieuw in dit forum

Thanks Corrij

Bericht door Guido » vr feb 01, 2008 5:45 am

Dear Corrij,
Thank you for getting back to me, and, as always, being so encouraging. I plan to be absolutely diligent about taking the supplements as recommended. And also, to stay in better touch this time.

THANK YOU!!!!

Best,

Guido(':P')
Regards,

Guido

Kevin Guidry
Ervaren met het forum

Bericht door Kevin Guidry » di feb 05, 2008 6:50 am

For what it's worth, I've taken the Viatmin Shoppe brand of some of the supplements. Also, I've used GNC brand for some. I realize that it may not be as good as Solgar or some of the rest. My budget simply does not permit the others. My heart has improved from a low of EF 24% to the latest report of EF 50%. I'm sensitive to meds in general and, in addition to the supplents from this forum, corrected moderate sleep apena, and a Genetic Thiamin Deficiency.
Regards,

Kevin

Willy
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Willy » di feb 05, 2008 9:34 pm

50% that's close to the maximum of 60%. I do not know how old you are but above 50 years of age you see rarely 60% EJF

corrij is on holiday for a week
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Willy Witsel

Ben je blij met ons gratis advies doe dan
een tweet of een like bovenin deze forumpagina

Kevin Guidry
Ervaren met het forum

Bericht door Kevin Guidry » wo feb 06, 2008 12:55 am

I turned 45 years old on Sunday.
Regards,

Kevin

Guido
Nieuw in dit forum

Re: COQ10

Bericht door Guido » do feb 07, 2008 7:03 pm

Hi,
Does anyone know if it is better to take liquid COQ10? I think I read that on the forum somewhere. Thanks!
Regards,

Guido

Willy
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Bericht door Willy » zo feb 10, 2008 12:49 am

Always use Q10 capsules filed with oil with some added vitamin E.

NEVER use Q10 tablets

Take Q10 during meals were you consume some fats
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Willy Witsel

Ben je blij met ons gratis advies doe dan
een tweet of een like bovenin deze forumpagina

Guido
Nieuw in dit forum

Guido checking in

Bericht door Guido » di aug 05, 2008 1:02 am

Dear Corrij, Dear Willie,

Hope you both are enjoying your summer.

It has been a while since I last checked in- but I wanted to give you an update on everything and possibly ask you a few questions.

In general, I have been feeling good. No complaints, and I am quite happy. My last EKG measured my EF at 46% - however, the doctor said he felt better putting it generally around 40% to be on the safe side. All my blood tests were good. I still have occasional skipping, but it is not as bad as it was two years ago. I am still taking all the prescribed supplements, which I think have helped me a lot, and have recently read about D-ribose, and wanted your opinion as to whether you feel I could benefit from adding that one too. Also, is there any information out there concerning the heart being able to return to its original size- pre-cardiomyopathy.

Here are the list of my current supplements:

MORNING
Carnatine 500 mg. (3) 1/2 hour before breakfast
Taurine 500mg. (3)

CoQ10 100mg. (2)
Hawthorn 450mg (2)
Vitamin E 400 mg. (2)
Chromium 200mg. (1)

LUNCH
Alpha-lipoic 100mg. (2)
Vitamin C 1000mg. (3)
MSM 1000mg (3)
Magnesium
Selenium 100mg (1)

Argenine 500 mg. (3) on empty stomach before bed.

My medications are still the same:

Carvedilol 25mg (2) a day
Coozar 50mg. (1) a day
Inspra 25mg. (1) a day
Lasix 20mg. (1/4) every other day

Looking forward to hearing from you soon, and sending you both my warmest regards,

Guido
Regards,

Guido

Willy
Verslaafd aan het forum
Contacteer:

Re: Guido is checking in to report about his cardiomyopathy

Bericht door Willy » ma feb 08, 2016 12:38 pm

Hello

Please help Corrij with here work and post the results of the treatment on the

RESULTS FORUM

viewforum.php?f=106